Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2004, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Aggro hand against FossilMan

I wouldn't have gotten out of line if I didn't know he was good enough to lay down a pretty big flush if it looked like a loser. I just wasn't very convincing.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:13 AM

Your chances of getting me to lay down in a hand like this would be much higher in a live game. Too many wackos online, even if you're not one of them (it can be infectious).

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 05-15-2004, 03:07 PM

hey greg, several people have conjectured why you didn't raise the flop. I'd love to hear what your primary motives are for not raising 4 handed. I can understand trapping more in a full game than I can short, but I don't play as good as you. comments on the flop call?

--turnipmonster
Old 05-15-2004, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey greg, several people have conjectured why you didn't raise the flop. I'd love to hear what your primary motives are for not raising 4 handed. I can understand trapping more in a full game than I can short, but I don't play as good as you. comments on the flop call?

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

i like not raising the flop, then raising the turn when the spade doesnt fall. then i like fossils check on the turn, then the river is a tough decision.

on gog's side, thats a weird situation to be put in. i agree he shoulda bet the turn, but fossil has to know theres a good chance he wouldnt play a high spade like this so i figure it wouldnt have mattered, and fossil would have called him down anyway.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:53 PM

The plan at the time was to just call, and make it look like I had the big spade. Then, when Gab realizes that, he will bet into me on the turn and river, as long as no spade hits, figuring I can't call the river. Then, I raise the river, and either he folds, or he puts me on a desperation bluff and calls, in which case I win really big.

The spade on the turn ruined that plan, had to go to plan B (i.e., make sure Gab does not have a spade).

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)