Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 03-12-2002, 05:12 PM

Default Introducing new players to poker...

I feel as a regular winning poker player it is my duty to bring new players into the game. How many of you agree?

I try to bring new players to the cardrooms whenever I go. I also try to get people from other types of internet boards to try out internet poker.

I have been moderately successful at the $4/$8 level.

It is hard to get people to fathom gambling at the $10/$20 level and above. Perhaps this is because I am young and most of my friends are just out of college with no real accumulated wealth.

When my friends sweat me playing online or live they shit their pants. "YOU JUST BET $120 WITH ONE PAIR!!"

How do you introduce friends to the mid-limit games?
Old 03-12-2002, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Introducing new players to poker...

Earlier in my life I was a skydiver. I tried to get other people to skydive whenever possible. Felt it was my "duty" to the sport. One day, my girlfriend, who I had talked into jumping, broke her back skydiving. Never tried to bring anyone else into the sport again.

Poker may be good for you and me, but just look around the card room, many people's lives are very miserable as a result of poker. Do you want your friends to join them?

I think the best we can do for poker is to make new players feel welcome and help insure that they have a good time while losing their money.

As for family and friends, I look to them for love and companionship, not gambling.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:12 PM

Default If that\'s true, sad story......*nm* *NM*

Old 03-14-2002, 06:19 PM

Default Re: If that\'s true, sad story......*nm*

Too true, so is the moral... *NM*
Old 03-14-2002, 06:24 PM

Default Oops... my mistake above

Sorry, new to this forum. I meant to change the header to;

Too true, so is the moral....