Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-30-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Question about $2/4 on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
Why would that many 22'ers be going there if they still cant get rakeback? I will play there occasionally but the VIP still isnt rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but Stars has lower rake than Party at almost every level. Combine the lower rake + VIP and you come out ahead of most rakeback deals.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's obvious from the discussion in various threads that lots of 2+2'ers are interested in this program and will be trying it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully the games will still be pretty decent. How much traffic will be headed to Stars from NON 2+2ers? It's really hard to tell. Gonna be interesting.

I think I have pretty much given up on being a PlatinumStar for now. GoldStar is my new goal. I can play a lot of tables, but have somewhat limited time because of my work schedule. So since my new goal is 4000 VPP instead of 10000, I might play games that I find more profitable such as $22 SNGs (which get less VPPs than ring games) and some of the $1/2 NO-LIMIT tables.

The best thing that could come of this is for Party to lose some traffic/customers and Stars to gain some. Then hopefully Party will come up with a workable VIP program of their own. (The one they have now pretty much sucks).
Old 12-30-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
exactly...the double-points does practically nothing for me and I haven't been playing there at all.

However, maybe it does do something for some people.

but it feels like every 2+2'er and their brother will be heading over to stars beginning Jan 1. Hopefully enough fish get dragged along.

Will be interesting to see how much more ring-game action they get the first week of Jan compared with what they normally get.

[/ QUOTE ]

The double points are great for me. I have over $1k in pending bonuses there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but it feels like every 2+2'er and their brother will be heading over to stars beginning Jan 1. Hopefully enough fish get dragged along.

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as the double points is over I'm not going to try and clear bonuses at 16% raked hands. I don't care anything about the VIP promotion; it does nothing for me. I'll be through with Stars, and giving Battlefield a try.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:06 PM

At 2/4 6 max, Site A has a terrible rake structure, but in terms of money, it is still better for me to play there than at poker stars.

Avg. Rake Per Hand
PS -- 0.58
Site A -- 0.91 (That's 57% higher than PS!!)

Avg. Rake I have Paid Per Hand (yeah, I'm tighter than most)
PS -- 0.06
Site A -- 0.11

If we assume 5.2 players per hand, then from site A I will get .91/5.2 * 28% = .049 per hand. That makes up the difference in rake that I have paid.

Site A also has a points system (worth about the same as a FPP to me) and many bonuses that do not deduct from MGR (worth about .06 per hand at 2/4). My win rate at both sites is probably similar, so the only benefit -- to me -- of playing at Poker Stars is that they will have more players and better software. Site A is actually paying me more than I'm paying them in rake.