Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-19-2005, 08:23 PM

Default iPod Problem

I just got a 60GB Video Ipod, but ran into a problem trying to import videos into Itunes. For some reason only about half of my family guys came in, zero of my offices, and none of my custom Indiana basketball stuff. Anybody know what the deal is?
Old 12-19-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: iPod Problem

I suppose if you took the time to actually describe what is happening, what if any error messages you are getting, what formats are you import, or virtually anything of any use at all to us ... we Maybe could help you, but as you've described the problem you have less than a zero chance of getting any help. You need to get a clue. Try google man.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:09 PM

As I stated, only half of my videos imported into iTunes. I did not get any error messages. Funny that I made the same post on two other forums(theprescription.com/sports betting) and peegs.com(IU basketball) and they figured it out in no time. So I guess I had a bit better than less than 0%. I'll try to get a clue though, thanks for the help!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I stated, only half of my videos imported into iTunes. I did not get any error messages. Funny that I made the same post on two other forums(theprescription.com/sports betting) and peegs.com(IU basketball) and they figured it out in no time. So I guess I had a bit better than less than 0%. I'll try to get a clue though, thanks for the help!

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll teach you not to ask OOT for advice on anything except licking butts, stealing bikes, allowing your g/f to sleep in a bed with her ex, whether or not to eat pizza the day after, some serious medical condition that you won't see a doctor about, how to replace the brake pads on your car, why your mother and father think p*ker is not a noble pursuit in life, whether you could take an airplane off from a flat escalator, whether a tit rub on the arm is a sign, or anything myspace related.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll teach you not to ask OOT for advice on anything except licking butts, stealing bikes, allowing your g/f to sleep in a bed with her ex, whether or not to eat pizza the day after, some serious medical condition that you won't see a doctor about, how to replace the brake pads on your car, why your mother and father think p*ker is not a noble pursuit in life, whether you could take an airplane off from a flat escalator, whether a tit rub on the arm is a sign, or anything myspace related.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you forgot "how many 5 year olds", but nice work anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny that I made the same post on two other forums(theprescription.com/sports betting) and peegs.com(IU basketball) and they figured it out in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same problem, so please post the solution here. I went to one of the forums and saw something about an mpeg4 encoder. If that's the best solution, is there a way to get it for free?
-ZJ
Old 12-19-2005, 10:06 PM

Use a program called FlaskMPEG, you can download it for free by googling it
Old 12-19-2005, 10:08 PM

Wow, that took three words in google and it was the second link down. Man I'm beat from all that searching!

I should charge you for this info...

http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000100064041/
Old 12-20-2005, 06:27 PM

I myself have also ordered a 60gb video iPod. It's hard to imagine I would ever use it to watch video, but bought the more expensive video option "just in case". If I find that I do want to watch video on it, I anticipate that the vast majority of my video content will come from one of two sources:
1) Ripping Netflix-rented DVDs, that are re-burned to DVD-Rs via DVD Shrink + DVD Decrypter
2) Home movies made with my Canon Powershot s400, which saves in the Motion jpeg (.AVI) format.

Given this information, is Videora iPod Converter a tool I will need to make the above content viewable my new iPod, will it work for both types of source video content, and is it the best choice available?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:03 PM

You have to convert the .avi to .mp4 which Videora does for you.