Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Blind defense with 33

I'm new to the table and have no stats on the villain:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (6.33 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 8.33 BB
Old 12-13-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Blind defense with 33

postflop looks fine. i fold pf
Old 12-13-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Blind defense with 33

Preflop: I would fold. You have no read on your opponent who is not exactly in a steal position. I think your hand does not fair well against an unknowns range opening from MP2, and you will likely be out of position postflop with a very marginal holding the whole way and with no information on how your opponent plays postflop. This is not a +EV situation IMO.

FLOP: check/raising, checking/calling, and betting out are all accpetable lines IMO.

TURN: Standard, given the way you played the flop.

RIVER: Against a non tricky opponent I like betting here and picking up another Big bet from Ace high.

All your lines are reasonable postflop IMO.