Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-12-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Money Stolen

So, I'm getting my place painted over the weekend and don't feel like being around the fumes. I play a 16 hour session from late Friday til Sat afternoon, then I check into a hotel on the West Side of LA. It's nothing special, but is prob 3 star. I get into my room at 6PM. I take a shower before going to sleep soon thereafter. Before my shower, I take some money from my pocket - probably 1.5 - 2K and place it on the counter next to the sink. After the shower, I turn the TV on and hit the bed. I fall asleep nearly immediately. I wake up at 9 or 10AM to the door to my room opening and then closing. I'm kind of out of it and just assume that housekeeping peaked in and left, as they often do.

So I finally get up around 11:30 and as I'm gathering my things to check out, I realize the money is gone. I search the room completely, and no money. I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee. He calls housekeeping and after waiting for 30 minutes some type of supervisor arrives. I tell my story and she is skeptical, but nice enough. She takes me to the depths of the hotel where housekeeping central command is located. She is able to find the housekeeper who entered my room and briefly interrogates her en espanol while I watch. The young girl says "yes, I went in the room, but I saw his shoes by the door and immediately left.

The door and bathroom are not visible from the sleeping area. Also, the bathroom counter is partially visible from the door, and the bathroom light was on.

I leave my name/number and decide I don't want to talk to the hotel manager, because I've already wasted 2 hours of my day on this and I'm annoyed. Did I have any recourse to demand the hotel reimburse me? Do they have insurance for this kind of thing?

If anyone says "you shouldn't have left the money there" or, "you should've used the deadbolt", I will say thank you.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Money Stolen

well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...but some nigger pillow biter?? well im at a loss

p.s. dont leave 2 Gs out on a counter next time moron...and you're welcome
Old 12-12-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm not an expert but I honestly can't see the hotel havaing to bear any responsibility for the loss. if you make a fuss you might get a discount or a voucher for the future or something (not that you'd use it, I guess). that's why they heave deadbolts, though, so they won't have to take the blame. that's awful though.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:25 PM

I'm not an expert, but I think the police would be better suited to help you than the housekeeping supervisor who is getting 50% of your money.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:26 PM

I know how you feel dude.

I just lost $640 bucks the weekend before last. I think I left it in the bank parking lot too.

Gay Black's can't accomplish anything, seek a higher authority, a Straight white man.

[ QUOTE ]
well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...but some nigger pillow biter?? well im at a loss

[/ QUOTE ]
you can say nigger here? wow. consider my lexiconical horizons broadened.

You should've made sure the hotel was all-white.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you can say nigger here? wow. consider my lexiconical horizons broadened.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you cant say the word that ryhmes with momo...which I found really funny when I first typed out my response.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...

[/ QUOTE ]

He could show up with a few buddies wearing white sheets and scare the money out of the desk clerk. (How is t*ts censored, but not n*gger?) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Who doesn't at least open their eyes and look around when someone comes in their hotel room? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]