Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Arnold Denies Tookie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I'm certainly very anti-death penalty, I don't get why everyone is so concerned with trying to get this guy off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this case calls the very morality and effectiveness of the death penalty into question. Should be a prime example of why you are anti-death penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

A quadruple murderer who, in spite of evidence, maintains innnocence and claims to have been reformed at the same time (who is also indirectly responsible for the havoc caused by the Crips) is basically one of those cases where as long as the DP is in place, it's an easy decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what his crimes, the decision to put him to death should never be "easy", Schwarzenegger even said as much. To say that neither the work since he's been in prison nor the future work he could've done mean anything is being very shortsighted.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BS

No matter how heinous the crime or the killer, there is always a bunch of anti-death penalty loons trying to get the person off.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's certainly part of it.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I'm certainly very anti-death penalty, I don't get why everyone is so concerned with trying to get this guy off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this case calls the very morality and effectiveness of the death penalty into question. Should be a prime example of why you are anti-death penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

A quadruple murderer who, in spite of evidence, maintains innnocence and claims to have been reformed at the same time (who is also indirectly responsible for the havoc caused by the Crips) is basically one of those cases where as long as the DP is in place, it's an easy decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what his crimes, the decision to put him to death should never be "easy", Schwarzenegger even said as much. To say that neither the work since he's been in prison nor the future work he could've done mean anything is being very shortsighted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be prickish about it, but I doubt that California sentencing guidelines take future work done in prison into account. If he's innocent, that's one thing. But all the children's books in the world don't invalidate the fact that four people lost their lives in a malicious act by this man.

I believe that he can find redemption for his soul. I believe in forgiveness. But, that doesn't mean he's off the hook, or that he didn't do the things that got him there in the first place. In a sense, this is the broken window fallacy converted into human form.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:09 PM

Where is Neil Young when you need him to sing "The Needle and the Damage Done"......
Old 12-12-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you $5 for every Crip you can find that can both spell and define the word martyr.

[/ QUOTE ]
<ul type="square"> [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][/list]
As much as I'd like to increase my net worth, this idea ain't gonna do it! Maybe I could sucker Daniel N. into some kinda prop bet? He says he sucks at those.
<ul type="square"> [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img][/list]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM

Hell has personal ads now, look what I just found

Name: Stanley
Nickname : Tookie

I'm going to be moving to hell at some point in the near future and am interested in meeting someone. I enjoy long walks on the beach, drive by shootings, and robbery/homicide.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:16 PM

Bye Tookie, I won't miss you.

Maybe before you die, you could tell everyone the countless other people you probably killed in cold blood that nobody knows about.

Or wait, ya maybe killing 4 people in 2 days (?) was an isolated incident.

edit, oh yeah, I'm glad they keep saying they got 50,000 people to sign a petition like that was suppose to be some big deal... how about this poll on AOL..

Should Tookie Williams' life be spared?
No 66%
Yes 34%
Total Votes: 122,715
Old 12-12-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares? They aren't a political organization, and they don't have a message. They're a bunch of thugs who only detract from society.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were a political organization, at least their acts of theft wouldn't include guns. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not arguing they aren't scumbags who should be taken off the streets. My point was, whatisname's death stands to make him, in their eyes, a hero. Maybe more than he already is/was.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:18 PM

UATrewqaz:

D-

Sponger:
[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, I'm glad they keep saying they got 50,000 people to sign a petition like that was suppose to be some big deal... how about this poll on AOL..

Should Tookie Williams' life be spared?
No 66%
Yes 34%
Total Votes: 122,715

[/ QUOTE ]

This means very little to me. The results of AOL user polls have always seemed a bit odd. I'm not implying that's the case here, of course. But I've seen enough of them over time to come to the conclusion that I shouldn't pay much attention to them.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:29 PM

I am against the death penalty in most cases. But if I were not, there is no way he would be deserving of clemency.

But the real important issue here is the apparent potential for rioting in LA when he is executed, which the LAPD is preparing for. Any such rioting will clearly just be lawless thuggery and should be dealt with harshly, because this is not a case of an innocent black man being railroaded or being denied due process.