Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Avatar pushing the limits....

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't see any swastika when Dcifr first posted this, but he's far from the only person who sees it, apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's obvious that now everyone who read this thread is going to think of it.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:07 PM

i find some nice spellings here ... descrimination ... denegrate

descrimination is presumably the opposite of scrimination?

i don't know what scrimination is but it could well be the act of a female family member being banged by her father

denegrate, in this context, is more interesting - presumably it is something akin to de-negrofying?

i'm not sure what de-negrofying is either but i think it's a
process such as was undergone by Michael Jackson, as in "Michael has been denegrated"

next time we have a beer we can look out for 6-fingered people and when we spot one we can say "looks like there be some scriminatin' goin' on in that family, yessirreebob"
Old 12-18-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically, it is a hate symbol. It does not "really" stand for state's rights... people learned in Southern politics know what most (Southern) people mean when they "state's rights" anyhow, and that "heritage not hate" is a lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering it was on states flags till the politically correct crowd removed it in 2001, to a great uproar by those in Georgia, I call complete bullsh1t.

[/ QUOTE ]
Call anything you want. It was not on the Mississsippi state flag until reconstruction ended and black disenfranchised in 1894 (the Democratic Party took over the state again). It was not on the GA state flag until 1955, or flown above the SC State Capitol until 1954, following the Brown decision.

You call BS, I call you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about, but whatever.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i find some nice spellings here

[/ QUOTE ]

We've got enough going on in this thread without adding a spelling nazi.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's funny that none of you get it.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 07:29 PM

I'm not against racist avatars and im not against racist posts.

IMO the only thing that should be moderated are the instances of when a poster will inject on overtly racist and offensive comment into a thread not pertaining to issues of race or culture. For example Thread did you see that ____ game. Post: I can't believe those stupid [censored] get paid so much or something to that effect. That type of racist trolling should be dealt with. Members expressing their beliefs in a mature manner, even racist beliefs should not be. IMO
Old 12-18-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You call BS, I call you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about, but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, when it comes to 1950's politics you are right. When it comes to the civil war this is not the case.

Let me ask you this, during the civil war, what was the primary motivation for the stars and bars and what was the primary motivation for the succession of the states?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That type of racist trolling should be dealt with. Members expressing their beliefs in a mature manner, even racist beliefs should not be. IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say
it."-voltaire
Old 12-18-2005, 08:21 PM

I believe you're confusing freedom of speech with the operation of a commercial forum. At the end of the day, it all comes down to what 2+2 feels is in its best interests. And as far as I know, blatantly racist remarks that are found to be offensive are in violation of the Terms and Conditions and therefore should not be allowed. If Mat or another rep from 2+2 says otherwise than great.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you're confusing freedom of speech with the operation of a commercial forum. At the end of the day, it all comes down to what 2+2 feels is in its best interests. And as far as I know, blatantly racist remarks that are found to be offensive are in violation of the Terms and Conditions and therefore should not be allowed. If Mat or another rep from 2+2 says otherwise than great.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is confusing that but I as far as I know nor has Mat or anyone ever stated that all racist posts violate the T&C's. Its on the current moderating group that has decided so. I can remember one controversial post dealing with genocide in a light hearted manner where people got offended in which Mat's reply was "I think this is a discussion worth having"

This isnt a case of me, wacki or the others wanting to change 2+2 policy and practice but rather wanting to preserve it. I would say that those moderators who find such things offensive should leave them be until they hear otherwise from Mat or 2+2.