Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Avatar pushing the limits....

[ QUOTE ]
Found it. Well Wacki, you definitely started something with your original post. Not sure if that was completely wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you link me to this thread?

Barron
Old 12-18-2005, 04:04 AM

Here you go.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, now I have no idea what to think. Here's what just popped up in OOT:

[/ QUOTE ]

Posted by Eurotrash. This is somewhat of an important point.

I think it's a damn funny joke at the expense of this thread.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, now I have no idea what to think. Here's what just popped up in OOT:

[/ QUOTE ]
n00b
Old 12-18-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you think of any living people for whom the Confederate flag has positive connotation?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are millions. All you have to do is travel south of the Mason-Dixon line.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think people that like it because it's a fun thing to wave around in their backyard while their dad bangs their sister count in this instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good example of genuine racism.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you think of any living people for whom the Confederate flag has positive connotation?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are millions. All you have to do is travel south of the Mason-Dixon line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh, if you couldn't tell the point of this question was regarding experience and not just traditional opinions passed down through environment then you're an idiot. If you could tell that and you just felt like being an idiot then you succeeded. Since I'm sure proving me wrong would be the best thing since the last Harry Potter book for you, why don't you make up some absurd example where the Confederate flag (not someone else's opinion of the Confederate flag) has had a positive impact on someone's life.

Maybe one time a guy's shirt caught on fire and his buddy, thinking on his feet, quickly extinguished it using a Confederate flag. Then that guy, the burned one, for the rest of his life, would feel rightfully indebted to all that the flag represented.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think people that like it because it's a fun thing to wave around in their backyard while their dad bangs their sister count in this instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dyanasty, stop being an idiot. How is this racist? What race am I being prejudice towards? White people? I'm white. I don't think this about myself; I don't even HAVE a sister! If ANYTHING it's geographist. But that's not a word, so it can't be that.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its funny that i posted this suggestion in the mod forum and now its actually being graphically linked that cactus guy look slike swastika

Barron
Old 12-18-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How is this racist? What race am I being prejudice towards? White people? I'm white. I don't think this about myself; I don't even HAVE a sister! If ANYTHING it's geographist. But that's not a word, so it can't be that.

[/ QUOTE ]

A quick search found this definition of racism by the ICERD (International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Descrimination)

Any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment, or exercise, on equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural, or any other field of public life.”

The bolded parts apply particularly well to your statement.

It was plainly obvious that you were using a racial sterotype of an American Southerner and using it to denegrate those who would disagree with you.

Your complete inability to discuss something on this forum without insulting others still stuns me. You have a remarkable lack of maturity.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:40 AM

Like I've said, you weren't the first to bring up that specific avatar. Others obviously have the same linkage.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How is this racist? What race am I being prejudice towards? White people? I'm white. I don't think this about myself; I don't even HAVE a sister! If ANYTHING it's geographist. But that's not a word, so it can't be that.

[/ QUOTE ]

A quick search found this definition of racism by the ICERD (International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Descrimination)

Any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment, or exercise, on equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural, or any other field of public life.”

The bolded parts apply particularly well to your statement.

It was plainly obvious that you were using a racial sterotype of an American Southerner and using it to denegrate those who would disagree with you.

Your complete inability to discuss something on this forum without insulting others still stuns me. You have a remarkable lack of maturity.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am the same race, color, decent and nationality as the people I was talking about. Your definition proves that you're completely wrong, so thanks for looking that up.

As for my lack of maturity, you'd think it would have stopped stunning you a while back since I've been aggressively open about how much I dislike you for months.