Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 AM

Default 10/20 AKo river fold

Villain is 43.5/20.4/1.97 over enough hands but is not a bad player. Since Empire has gotten small I have played with a lot of the same guys and recognize him playing the same games I am and from what I can tell he plays a few too many hands, and is very loose as far as draws, etc. Basically a LAG.

That being said, this is one of those folds I used to tell myself I'd never make, though I'm fairly certain it's standard.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, Button still left to act
Old 12-07-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: 10/20 AKo river fold

You're getting nearly 15:1 and he is a LAG. I think he is bluffing here often enough.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 AM

When he check raises on the river? I figured a bluff would make sense if button folded to my river bet, but when button called I think it's safe to rule out a bluff.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:02 AM

While he could be bluffing, it is pretty hard to bluff both players, especially when button already called the original bet. SB could easily have AsKs, AQ, AsJs, AsTs, QQ, AA. I think these hands are so much more likely than some random bluff, that even though we are getting huge odds to call, a fold is probably ok. Furthermore, since button is in, and is calling most of the time, we get to see SBs hand anyway, so donīt have to call "just to keep him honest", or for future information
Old 12-07-2005, 11:32 AM

Im overcalling, and prob mucking but maybe its because I suck, sometimes players like this get a little to fancy for their own good, and dont give him credit for observing the buttons play and call because he prob isnt thinking about it, also if you call i dont think the button does if hes a decent player?
I look forward to reading more posts here
Old 12-07-2005, 12:59 PM

I think you are beat here enough to fold. With the button still in, I wouldn't put the SB on being tricky enough to be able to c/r without a hand. If the button had folded, I would be more inclined to call, as Villian may be thinking he only needs you to fold to make this work.