Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Without Table Coaches...(NC)

[ QUOTE ]
i raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you - you're getting a free card against a PF 3-bettor like 20% of the time on this board.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:01 AM

wha? personally i raise and cap if 3bet this flop for the free card. i don't play stakes this low but i think that should be standard. if he just calls my raise i will even bet the turn if i am up against a player who is weak/tight and has a low went to SD stat.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 AM

While this is about the best flop I could've hoped for, the flush draw still doesn't give me enough equity against his range of hands HU. The parlay of hoping he has AK and also hoping that he'll fold it before the river just seems ridiculous to me, unless you plan on following thru with a river bluff? I'd rather just raise when I hit my flush - there'd be no reason for him to give me credit for it. I'm glad you don't waste your time at such petty stakes, but your line is spewing IMO.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:23 PM

So what you are saying is that you have a tight image that got blown bc you raised out of position with a marginal hand? As a tight player myself, I will occasionaly do the same thing because more players respect my raise. If they do catch you like this, though, they are more likely to be calling you down with weaker hands suspecting they have you beat. Take advantage of this by playing tighter!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While this is about the best flop I could've hoped for, the flush draw still doesn't give me enough equity against his range of hands HU. The parlay of hoping he has AK and also hoping that he'll fold it before the river just seems ridiculous to me, unless you plan on following thru with a river bluff? I'd rather just raise when I hit my flush - there'd be no reason for him to give me credit for it. I'm glad you don't waste your time at such petty stakes, but your line is spewing IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i respect your line but i think my line has its merits. especially since i play a generally more aggressive game. people know that when i cap the flop its not necessarily a huge made hand so i get people paying me off for more big bets than they might otherwise when i do have a made hand.

i also think you are underestimating how many hands the villian could have that missed. or hands that won't make it to showdown often enough if you put the aggression on.

your point about not having enough equity. i am almost 100% sure you have enough equity if you can just get a free card a fraction of the time.

EDIT: i just want to say that the BB range should be pretty big. i mean its folded to the hijack, who raises, and the BB reraises. its not like the BB raised an UTG raiser.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HE CALLED ME WITH KING HIGH!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling with King high expecting to win and winning rules. I did it with Ten high the other day. That ruled too.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:47 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

i got called by 3 high yesterday (obviously double paired board with the guy holding 22) and 75-high on an unpaired board, and I bet Q9-high and won

calling with T high is impressive
Old 11-28-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i got called by 3 high yesterday (obviously double paired board with the guy holding 22) and 75-high on an unpaired board, and I bet Q9-high and won

calling with T high is impressive

[/ QUOTE ]

Nine high no good.