Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-18-2005, 02:05 PM

Default 22 - QQ overpair wuss fold

No particular reads on the two opponents. Too weak or can I stand up and scream "Baby, this was the hand I was supposed to go broke on".

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

CO (t525)
Hero (t760)
SB (t755)
BB (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t930)
UTG+2 (t1045)
MP1 (t750)
MP2 (t1085)
MP3 (t545)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t55, MP3 calls t55.

Flop: (t232.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> UTG+1 bet 125, MP3 raises to 250, Hero folds!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: 22 - QQ overpair wuss fold

I'd raise a little more preflop, to maybe 90 or 100 or so, and I'd push this flop I think. Sometimes you go broke but I think you're ahead most of the time.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:12 PM

I can't fold here. Not in a $22. AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, J9, any J are just too often going to be what you are up against.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise a little more preflop, to maybe 90 or 100 or so, and I'd push this flop I think. Sometimes you go broke but I think you're ahead most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to make the "hey I have AA-QQ"-raises preflop in level 1-2. I don't want to be too obvious and I don't find it all that hard getting all the money in when I want to postflop anyway.

As for the flop, I respect flop minraises more than most posters here. I don't think it has hurt my results doing so.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to make the "hey I have AA-QQ"-raises preflop in level 1-2. I don't want to be too obvious and I don't find it all that hard getting all the money in when I want to postflop anyway.

As for the flop, I respect flop minraises more than most posters here. I don't think it has hurt my results doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

why did you even post the hand then
Old 11-18-2005, 04:47 PM

horrible fold and raise more preflop
Old 11-18-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps because it is interesting to hear the views of other posters?

I don't know if you are trying to say that we should only post hands where we know everyone agrees with the line we take. Would be pretty pointless to post hands then.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you are trying to say that we should only post hands where we know everyone agrees with the line we take. Would be pretty pointless to post hands then.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, that wasn't my point. my point was that people had given you two ways to change your line, and in both ways, you said that your way was right and you didn't think it lost you money (effectively closing the door on the debate). so why even post the hand?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, that wasn't my point. my point was that people had given you two ways to change your line, and in both ways, you said that your way was right and you didn't think it lost you money (effectively closing the door on the debate). so why even post the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I say my line is right? I sometimes push in these situations (for example when the board is more coordinated) and sometimes fold. And I know I haven't lost money doing so simply because when it has happened in the past the minraiser has had me beat more often than not, but obviously the sample size for something like this is pretty small. It is possible that pushing this hand in the long run is better.

I was well aware when posting this hand that my line is different to probably the majority here and that is why I think discussing this is interesting. Feel free to chime in if you have any views on minraises in the $22s.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree that making a larger raise makes it obvious that you have qq-aa. in fact, it often may appear that your hand is more vulnerable if you raise more, no?

as for the bet and min raise on the J66 flop you can only be worried about JJ and x6.

does jj or x6 bet into a preflop raiser? probably not. most likely they slowplay.

does jj or x6 min raise that flop? not likely. x6 wouldnt have any draws to fear except maybe a jack.

youre most certainly good here, probably up against 77-tt and qj-aj (by first to act and min raiser, respectively) i would suspect.

im pushing.