Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-07-2005, 04:13 PM

Default 2-table SNG ($20): What\'s my bubble line?

I played in the tightest 2-table SNG yesterday at Stars. At the first break we still had 11 players, when I usually just see 4-6 players at that time.

We're at the 200/400/a50 level. We've busted 4 players since the break and have 7 players remaning with the stacks similar, but I am in 3rd with 4850. 1st has 7700, 2nd has 6200.

I have probably been the most aggrissive player but even I was only seeing about 24% of flops. Any raise at the table has usally meant real strength, but many players were limping with some semi-strong hands.

Villian is 2nd in chips. I doubled him up 13 hands ago when he limped in MP2 with K-Qs and called my push from the SB with 10-10.

Villian again limps in this hand in MP2, CO limps and I have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB. I have the CO slightly covered.

What line does everyone take from here? I go for first, I don't care about trying to limp into the money (which probably won't happen as the lowest stack has 2900).

Thoughts?

Brad
Old 11-07-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: 2-table SNG ($20): What\'s my bubble line?

Complete. I'd wait for a better chance to push. You aren't getting blinded away at all, and you still have time to wait.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:22 PM

Limping's cheap. If you raise, I think you're likely to win very few chips or lose them all. Plus, if these players notice you're aggro, this might help cool off your image.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:24 PM

i just call here and hope for a helpful flop. The fact that villain called w/ KQ after limping means that he'll prob call if you push again, and A5s isnt exactly a hand i love to get into a showdown with.

i'm not really worried about CO's limp - seems like you can get him to fold if you push. Furthermore, this IS a tough situation - the blinds are high and next level they get quite crazy. You have 3 more left till ITM and a steal now would be great, but the fact that you got called last time (maybe villain is baiting for a RR by limping, but more likely he just likes gamboling on the bubble) tells me that it is better to wait for a better time.