Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: TP nut flush draw

I'm going to bet-call this flop. Button's range for a preflop raise includes a lot of non-Aces. If he raises the flop, I'm willing assume I'm outkicked for now, call, and see what develops. Either way, I want MP1 in there contributing to my flush draw, so I don't want to face him with two cold on a check raise.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:15 AM

ack too long ago to edit: sorry ignore my last post i totally misread the hand, just realised.

you should have led out on the flop
Old 11-06-2005, 08:51 AM

Checkraising this flop is definitely the worst option when faced with 2 cold even calling stations can fold on an AKQ board.

I like bet\calling over check\calling.

TAG's raising range is fairly wide 11.3. This includes TT, 99, 88, KJ and whole bunch you could be ahead of here. He is passive post flop and a bet here is unlikely to, but could pick up the pot.

Due to villian's passive postflop stats, I think betting this flop will tell you how strong your hand is UI and is one of the very rare circumstances where the "information value" is worth it.

As you played it.

Once TAG 3bets your checkraise you know he has you beat at this point. His range does include AT, AJ definitely so your 2pr outs aren't completely gone but are pretty close. Your nut flush is ~neutral value and has slim edge, if any, at this point as you could be up against a set. Capping this flop depends on how likely it might buy you a free card on the turn.
Due to villians passive nature, if you cap this flop, check the turn and he still bets, you can confidently fold the river unimproved.
The 1SB invested now can save you 1BB on the river. I cap it.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:33 PM

OK here is the rest of the hand for better or worse I capped...

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah 6h (two pair, aces and sixes).
Button has Qs Ks (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.25 BB. </font>