Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-03-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Hand critique request

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.25 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___double bets

5th Street - (3.63 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (9.63 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (13.63 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises___raises

Total pot: (21.63 BB)
Old 11-03-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Hand critique request

I would just call the three bet on the river. Besides that I think you played it fine. If he hit a bigger full (I'm assuming he did) there isn't a lot you can do about it here imo.

Mike
Old 11-03-2005, 05:19 PM

I think you played it fine.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:39 PM

Looks pretty good to me. I would cap the river here. Threes full looks most likely for villain in this spot, although I guess the fact that you're posting the hand suggests he had aces full or quad threes.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:39 PM

Thanks guys. It was aces full, and it was one of those hands that I wasn't fully thinking what my opponent had, however if you break it down, it's either aces full or threes full, and I think after the 3-bet on the river, unless they're a donk(and this one appeared to be fairly solid), I was beat. Glad to know I did it right, and yep I agree that river calling is better than capping.