Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-01-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Funky butt lovin

Just attempting to appease MLG's rant of boring thread titles.... And no I'm not a sicko, it's just a quote from a classic sports film....

Late stages of the 20+2 a couple nights ago with 200 left to go, average is around 8200 I have 9100. 300/600/50

I am dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG. I make an normal raise to 1800. MP1 (~11,000) minraises to 3600, and the CO (~17200) goes all-in.

Reads:

MP1: My notes simply said "Loose passive and sometimes fishy: Called an all-in after two raises with 66 late in tourney." I've been with him in this tourney for about 3 orbits. He minraised once before PF but I didn't see his cards. He did suck out on AK with KQ with the money all going in preflop about 2 orbits ago, which close to doubled him up.

CO: Cutoff has been at my table for roughly an orbit and I did see him smooth call on the button with KK. He was up to 30,000 in chips but pushed the flop with his KK with an ace on the board and lost to AQ.

I really didn't have a clue what to do in this situation. Fold and live to see another day or is the a +EV call?

All help is appreciated.

Brad
Old 11-01-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Funky butt lovin

I'd fold. Min-reraise should scare me and then an all-in on top and the min-reraiser yet to act, and both have you covered.
At least one of them has an overpair to you.
This is an example of why the squeeze play works. Be glad you only put 1800 in here IMO.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:41 PM

Since your read on the CO is that he's not as stupid as Daniel Stern's character in that movie, I'd fold.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:43 PM

well it got me to read the thread. I'd say its a pretty standard fold.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:46 PM

i think the only way that you can call there is if you have a specific read that the CO knows that the MP1 is fishy. Since you don't know that, the fold is default.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And no I'm not a sicko, it's just a quote from a classic sports film....

[/ QUOTE ]

You just referred to Rookie of the Year as a classic sports film? Seriously?

As for the hand this seems like a standard fold given the action. Passive players often tend to minraise good hands, and even if there is the possibility that CO is raising to squeeze you out and isolate MP1 the odds just aren't in your favor on this one.