Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Advice on how this hand was played? (6max, big pot)

[ QUOTE ]

What losing hand range can you reasonably put Villan on here? Our equity is a little higher, but the flop cap means we're very likely behind. It sounds to me like you're advocating a value-bet with a 4.5-outer on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does reason have to do with any of this? This is .5/1 6 max, and I've seen far crazier holdings in similar hands than what some of you guys here seem to sure of. I wouldn't really be surprised to see a LAG with AK, AQ, AJ or TT.

Also, a turn bet protects your hand against overcards if you feel that CO will raise you.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:29 PM

A pot this big, I think those guys are going to call anyway. I think raising is going to net you more buckeroos
Old 10-31-2005, 04:37 PM

For a player with those stats, 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is definitely in his range. How often do you think someone donks this river without a straight or better?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as SB having the Flush, look at the PF and Flop action. What 2 card club combination is likely given all his donk calling of the raising going on? It is much more likely that villian is donking 2 pair, trips, or some piece of the straight here.

Given the action I would say him donking with a hand like 9T, TJ, or TT is MUCH more likely than any of the 2 card club combinations you could present.

[/ QUOTE ]

A9s? A3s? "Given the flop and turn action" means very little with 68 VP$IP. And that's a highass aggro factor for someone not betting/raising with the two pair you describe.
Those stats indicate a player who wouldn't be adverse to calling on nothing more than a backdoor flush anyway. I think the probability of him hitting a flush is pretty damn high here.

I slow down on the turn, and call the river.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As far as SB having the Flush, look at the PF and Flop action. What 2 card club combination is likely given all his donk calling of the raising going on? It is much more likely that villian is donking 2 pair, trips, or some piece of the straight here.

Given the action I would say him donking with a hand like 9T, TJ, or TT is MUCH more likely than any of the 2 card club combinations you could present.

[/ QUOTE ]

A9s? A3s? "Given the flop and turn action" means very little with 68 VP$IP. And that's a highass aggro factor for someone not betting/raising with the two pair you describe.
Those stats indicate a player who wouldn't be adverse to calling on nothing more than a backdoor flush anyway. I think the probability of him hitting a flush is pretty damn high here.

I slow down on the turn, and call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

So because of villians insanely wierd stats we don' put it past him to call 3-bets cold pre-flop with some 9xs garbage, call another 2 bets cold with middle pair and a backdoor flush draw, but when it comes to doing something like donkbetting 2 pair or trips on this river it just can't be done?

The only flush cards I can reasonably place him on are A9s, A3s, K9s, K3s, and 93s in clubs, and you have to admit wook that the majority of those hands are a stretch. I've seen 80% VPIP's who wouldn't call this 3-bet with A3s.

Not to mention I think this player would donkbet this river all day long with anything better than 1 pair. I think the donkbetter here is weaker than he wants us to believe. He could have a flush here a small percentage of the time, but then the question is, how likely is he to 3-bet.

What do you think Wookie? He's too timid to Check raise the his miracle river nuts, but he will find the strength to 3-bet us?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 PM

I wouldn't bet the turn.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:28 PM

After villain caps the flop, I assume that I'm behind his range. I check-call the turn.