Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand Against the Masters

I think this could be an interesting idea if:

A. There has to be some sort of established history.
B. There is some sort of character read.

For example, if earlier hands were shown that could represent opponent's style of play, that could be a good prelude to an interesting hand strategy.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:55 PM

Shadow-

Why not do it like this: You pick two posters each week. Two players that you believe are solid and maybe even of equal or close skill (or at least two guys that play at the same level...you could even do a different buyin level each week). PM them, and arrange a time for the two of them to play a headsup SNG on pstars.

After it's done, they can both email you their hand history. You can review it, and select a hand or two from an entire HU match to give to the forum.

This way, interesting hands can come from developed reads and not just some made up situation.

Thoughts?

>>>ZIPPPY
Old 10-18-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the hands should not necessarily be down to heads up. I think more interesting hands would be early game or on the bubble. To make this work, we'd just have to have hands where everyone fold except our participants.

[/ QUOTE ]

a scenario on the bubble with various stack sizes would make it more interesting I would think.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shadow-

Why not do it like this: You pick two posters each week. Two players that you believe are solid and maybe even of equal or close skill (or at least two guys that play at the same level...you could even do a different buyin level each week). PM them, and arrange a time for the two of them to play a headsup SNG on pstars.

After it's done, they can both email you their hand history. You can review it, and select a hand or two from an entire HU match to give to the forum.

This way, interesting hands can come from developed reads and not just some made up situation.

Thoughts?

>>>ZIPPPY

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm not mistaken, this is supposed to be a SNG oriented exercise, not a heads up exercise. I think various interesting bubble hands are more appropriate.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the hands should not necessarily be down to heads up. I think more interesting hands would be early game or on the bubble. To make this work, we'd just have to have hands where everyone fold except our participants.

[/ QUOTE ]

a scenario on the bubble with various stack sizes would make it more interesting I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it work to have 9 posters play an SNG together? It seems like a lot of people to coordinate, but there also seems to be a lot of interest from various players.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shadow-

Thoughts?

>>>ZIPPPY

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm not mistaken, this is supposed to be a SNG oriented exercise, not a heads up exercise. I think various interesting bubble hands are more appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shadow's entire original post said that it was going to be a HU hand, so that's what I was going off of.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, I seem to find the HU games under the SNG tab on my pokersite. Guess they made a mistake.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, I seem to find the HU games under the SNG tab on my pokersite. Guess they made a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I sounded arrogant when I said that, I didn't mean to be. I'm just saying that 90% of the time by the time it gets HU in a SNG, the blinds are so high that it's push almost every hand. A more useful way to conduct this experiment is to use 4-6 handed hands. With different stack sizes, it will be more interesting that way. Plus more educational IMO.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:04 AM

then again, almost every post on here is a question about a bubble move. nobody really posts HU situations (true because the blinds are so high) and I know I could probably make some improvements on my HU game. Do HU, bubble, or both, either way they're bound to be interesting.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:12 AM

Edit: I forgot to quote, but I am referring to the Splashpot post where the idea of playing a 2+2 SNG and discussing the strategies within.

I think this is a very good idea. Then a full hand history showing all downcards could be posted, and the play throughout discussed. This could also be done with players at several levels, as 215 strategy is probably much different than 11 strategy. I'll volunteer to play in the 11 or 22 game if we do it.

OT: I clicked the One-Table Tournament thing on the left 3 times because this thread was at the top and I thought i accidentally was clicking one MTT.