Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 08-31-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Bush finally addresses Sheehan.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but...I still can't tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

this beaut right here.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:24 AM

Reardon, why are you angry with exsubmariners comments and are ok with something like Dvaults response? (see the one i quoted earlier) THis is regardless of their political backrounds. Saying "wait a sec, im a republican, so its ok if i insult you" is foolish imo.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4- "You have me convinced patriotism is plainly for the stupid" I dont think that was his intent nor do I really think he accomplished that for anyone. I do however think he intended to point out that A: This "memo" is extremely highly likely to be a fraud totally unrelated to actual Administration policy and that B: I agree it's a fairly poor read... not only will the Administration likely dance around this woman (since its a real no win situation for them) but if they did make a statement it would be far less confrontational ["Lets attack a war mother"] and make far fewer sweeping generalizations as attempting to wrap the issue in patriotism carries the risk of backlash. As for the Patriotism comment... you're making a sound play calling someone who disagrees with you un-American or anti-patriotic after all rational dissent is never an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the backlash that such an overty-nationalist 'letter' would create; does anyone really suspect anyone in the Bush administration would call the land outside his Crawford ranch "holy ground"? Does anyone consider the "bittersweet glory of death with purpose" line plausible? This is just scratching the surface of the ludicrous things that are in this letter, that would never (repeat NEVER) make it into a Presidential speech.

But certainly, the most head-scratching aspect of it for me is the "I'm not sure where this is from, maybe from GWB, maybe not. It sounds like it could very well be from him (if he had better speech writers)."

WTF is he talking about?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but...I still can't tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this beaut right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as I said...Exsubmariner admits some of his posts are just trolly nonsense - I can't tell the difference between this real ones and his trolly ones.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:33 AM

Default The con con

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure where this is from, maybe from GWB, maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's take a walk some time across the Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe you would be interested in buying a prime piece of real estate, maybe not.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:55 PM

Reardon,
Thank you for such a challenging reply. I want to take it point by point.

1. I could have substituted Communism, Fascism, etc here to the same effect. I don't think DVaut could convert to Islam because I honestly don't think he is capable of believing in anything and I point that out not as an attack, but to illustrate the natural end of his liberal philosophy. It's hard to defend your freedom if you never believed you had it to begin with.

2. The ideaology of Islamofascism at this point in history is the aggressor. In previous history it has been Communism, Imperialism (Anglo or Sino), Fascism, etc.

3. The play ball analogy was in no way meant to suggest such a link as you put forward. The Invasion of Iraq was a continuation of the Gulf War I, in my view, and the links between Saddam and Islamofascism (they do exist, but it is politically expediate for some not to admit it) were used as pretext. I agree with you that the war was Pre-emptive in nature. I happen to like proactive military and foriegn policy as opposed to reactive ones. But that could be it's own discussion.

4. Agree that this "memo" is likely a fake. Bush might like to say these things or his supporters on the right may like him to, but he is far too shrewd a politician to do so. In fact, he has replied, basically stating he will undertake no policy that will weaken the position of the United States. Why did he put it that way? I feel strongly it is because that Sheehan and those that support her (DVaut1 I think, even though he hasn't openly stated so) advocate ideas that will do just that.

5. I have to disagree here. Osama Bin Laden is a rich man. He has everything to loose by pursuing his Jihad ideals. This is purely about religion. I don't think Islamists hate us necessarily for our freedom, but rather what freedom has given us; materialy, socially, and especially religiously.

As for trolling and ranting, well, that's part of the fun for me. This is an internet chat room after all and no one, no matter how well read, well sourced, how much time they put into posting, how smart they try to make themselves appear, is really going to have an impact on the world. Let's be honest. No one is going to convert anyone else to their ideaology, party, what have you. If people change, it comes from the within because they are ready. If you win an arguement, at best you are going to make the other party mad at you and not really persuade them to your side anyway. That's human nature. No one will ever be able to "destroy" Dvaut1, regardless of their tactics. He will come back to argue his enlighted views another day.

This arguement has no substance anyway because it is about a memo that "may be from GWB, maybe not." I have enjoyed replying to you. I look forward to discussions with you in future.

X
Old 08-31-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think DVaut could convert to Islam because I honestly don't think he is capable of believing in anything and I point that out not as an attack, but to illustrate the natural end of his liberal philosophy. It's hard to defend your freedom if you never believed you had it to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the last thing liberals believe in is freedom...

[ QUOTE ]
4. Agree that this "memo" is likely a fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, you think? I thought maybe it was possible Bush just passed his letters along to PorscheNGuns, since he's a trusted advisor and all. Not only that, I thought Bush wrote (and had the political sensibilities) of some blogosophere stooge.

[ QUOTE ]
I feel strongly it is because that Sheehan and those that support her (DVaut1 I think, even though he hasn't openly stated so) advocate ideas that will do just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could give honestly give a [censored] about Cindy Sheehan.

[ QUOTE ]
No one will ever be able to "destroy" Dvaut1, regardless of their tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

MUAHAHAHAH! No One Can Destroy Me!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, the last thing liberals believe in is freedom...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry. I thought that everyone was controlled by the evil corporations and simply slaves of the oil fueled fast food economy. That's why we need big social programs to provide us with retirement, medical benefits, and bureaucrats to look out after our every need. Everyone knows no one is capable of making decisions for themselves and being accountable (read responsible, GASP) for their own actions.

I will never "destroy" Dvaut, but he will never sink my submarine.

X
Old 08-31-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry. I thought that everyone was controlled by the evil corporations and simply slaves of the oil fueled fast food economy. That's why we need big social programs to provide us with retirement, medical benefits, and bureaucrats to look out after our every need. Everyone knows no one is capable of making decisions for themselves and being accountable (read responsible, GASP) for their own actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

leftist not = liberal

welfare state not = liberal
Old 08-31-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
leftist not = liberal

welfare state not = liberal

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in Dvaut world were everyone uses their dictionary religiously but in the context of the modern political landscape, this is all synonomous.

edit: challenge: prove your equation and provide documentation for your answer.