Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 08-15-2005, 01:44 PM

Default What would you do? What does Button have that U beat?

2/4 at Commerce -9 seats. It's Sat. night and is an "interesting" table. SB is a kid 2 yrs. out of USC, but he obviously spent many a frat night playing poker and now works with the Boy Scouts! His dad just joined us from a NL game and is in the BB. If he has good cards - he raises early and often. I am UTG+1, CO is in too many hands. Button is a total fish - plays and raises almost anything. He is good for a $200-300 capital infusion to his table every time he sits down. He is the reason I am staying up past my bedtime.

I have AKs in UTG+1 and my table image is that I raise premium hands so I choose to sit back and just call. There are 4 other people likely to start the raisin' behind me pre-flop. Man do they cooperate.

UTG calls, I call, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button raises, SB 3 bets, and BB caps, UTG folds, I call, CO calls, all others fold. 5 players 21sb

Flop: JTx rainbow - suits unimportant. SB, BB and I check to CO who bets, all others call. 5 players 26 sb

Turn: small rag. All check to CO who bets, all call. 5 players 15.5 bb.

River: another small useless rag. I am in a multi-way mess where after opening strength, nobody has shown anything but weakeness. Any pair, anywhere, and I am toast in a nice pot. But my relative position of last to act behind CO will help out.

All check to CO who bets, big suprise. Let the folding begin. The other 3 fold to me which I really like.

But now it is time to call, raise, or fold? What would you do and why? And, what would you put CO on that I could beat? Hopefully, this is a fun analysis on busted hands. Does CO have a J or does he have J *hit?

I'll post the result later.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: What would you do? What does Button have that U beat?

What a weird hand. I guess everyone missed their straight?

I suppose it's possible CO did as well and has been firing the whole way with 98 or something.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Were you planning on limp-reraising?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:15 PM

Actually, I WAS dead meat until the pocket pairs folded to CO's bet. CO had played position before and sensing weakness in all the checks post flop just got locked into betting out.

CO has A8s that he was willing to ride to cap pre-flop. Fish folded with unknown holding. SB & BB admitted to folding PP's smaller than JT on board (and each still missed hitting set.) CO only had gutshot straight at river that also missed.

I do not know how so many people could miss, but I chose to just call because of the big pot. I said to CO just show me your J and I'm done. But he had J *hit instead and AKs beat A8s in a weird one. PP's kicked themselves and I collected. LUCK, relative position and knowing CO played position with weak hands helped. LOL.