Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: results

I would say that marijuana IS a gateway drug, much more so than alcohol. No one really thinks of alcohol as a drug and even if you did, it's legal and something that the greater portion of people in this world enjoy in some form or another. I doubt very few people began drinking and then thought to themselves "Hey, now that I've gotten drunk X amount of times I should go try some illegal drugs and see how they work out."

First of all, getting into marijuana will probably make you more receptive to the idea of doing other drugs. You've done one illegal drug, why not another? If you started smoking weed then you're probably the explorative type. Peer pressure may also play a bit of a role. Finally, whoever you buy weed from probably has access to many other types of drugs and continuously hearing about them may just wear on you to the point where you figure you have to try this stuff to see what everyone likes about it.

I got into weed and a few months later did shrooms for my first time. I've also done E once. That's the extent of my drug useage past weed. I doubt I would have done those if I never did weed, and I very seriously doubt there was any connection at all to alcohol.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say that marijuana IS a gateway drug, much more so than alcohol. No one really thinks of alcohol as a drug and even if you did, it's legal and something that the greater portion of people in this world enjoy in some form or another. I doubt very few people began drinking and then thought to themselves "Hey, now that I've gotten drunk X amount of times I should go try some illegal drugs and see how they work out."

First of all, getting into marijuana will probably make you more receptive to the idea of doing other drugs. You've done one illegal drug, why not another? If you started smoking weed then you're probably the explorative type. Peer pressure may also play a bit of a role. Finally, whoever you buy weed from probably has access to many other types of drugs and continuously hearing about them may just wear on you to the point where you figure you have to try this stuff to see what everyone likes about it.

I got into weed and a few months later did shrooms for my first time. I've also done E once. That's the extent of my drug useage past weed. I doubt I would have done those if I never did weed, and I very seriously doubt there was any connection at all to alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, but I totally disagree with you.

As another poster said, you're an idiot if you move on to "harder" drugs after experimenting with weed. You would have "moved on" regardless.

I will even go so far to say that alcohol is possibly more of a gateway drug than marijuana is, because basically, with alcohol, the more you drink the more your inhibitions decrease and the more you start thinking, "Whatever, bring it on!" as opposed to marijuana, where the more you smoke, the more you start thinking "I'm so [censored] up man, I'm so [censored] up... I gotta go home... dude, there's no way I'm drivin'.

"I gotta go outside."

I did acid a few times and it sucked. I did shoroms a few times and, in moderation, it can be a fun party buzz. But my mind interprets stuff too logically to be able to handle all that psychedelic stuff.

I have never touched coke or X or whatever, 'cause that [censored] fucks up lives. A little weed each and every day doesn't, as long as you are a responsible human being to begin with.

Done.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Done.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice touch.