Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2003, 09:29 AM

Default Donde estan mis cojones?

Longtime lurker, virgin poster.

Nondescript 6-12. Two limpers to me in the CO, and I raise with A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . BB and limpers call.

Flop A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

Woman to my right bets. I think she is the wife of one of the best players at the club; she is fairly tight and seems to be solid. I raise, all others fold, she raises, I 4-bet, and she calls.

Turn K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

She checks, I bet, she calls.

River 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

She checks. Your read and action? Who pays off a checkraise?

Results same time, same station.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Donde estan mis cojones?

My guess would be that she has TT, but she could also have AT or another AQ, although hands like K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] or K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] are not out of the question. It would be very difficult for her to call your bet on the turn with less than two pair, so I think that if you bet the river and she calls, she probably has you beat or halved. Check it down.

Rick Diesel
Old 01-25-2003, 01:00 PM

I put her on a worse two pair than you, and would go ahead and bet the river. When she slows down on the turn I think it's very unlikely that you are beat. If I got checkraised I would pay off, because I think it's bad policy to let go of that kind of hand here even though you can almost guarantee you're beat.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:36 PM

I think you've got the winner, and would bet the river.

You said she's a solid player, so I think we can rule out a set. Wouldn't she raise AA, QQ, or TT before the flop? Same goes for AQ.

I think he most likely hand is AT, followed by QT.

I'd be more confident of my read if you didn't include the "who pays off a check raise." That makes me think you did in fact get check raised, which would mean you lose every time. I don't think she could check raise you without a straight with all the strength you showed.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:22 PM

She didn't raise preflop, making a set relatively unlikely. My first guess for her holding is QT or AT... followed by KJ and J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] or K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] . I would bet the river and probably pay off a checkraise... though against many players I would lay down to a checkraise here.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:29 AM

Default Results

I checked behind on the river. She turned over ATo and I won.

I posted this because I've been running bad for a month and I wanted to see if the paranoia had nudged my judgement toward weak-tight play -- which it apparently has.

My opponent's play defines her hand pretty well, especially since I think that the flopped nuts or a straight and flush draw like J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] would have tried a flop checkraise to trap some of the field. I should have made the same read that a few of you did, but it's hard not to listen to the voices telling me to check behind after getting flogged for so long.

Thanks for the responses.