Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 02:31 PM

Default need help with this kind of situation:TP/WK,how to play post flop?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed),my 1st hand on this table converter

Preflop: Noodles is MP3 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Noodles posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Noodles (poster) checks, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Noodles raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.
I hate this situations when someone bets into to you and you have TP/weak kicker,what to do? I rather raise,hopefully knock those behind out,see what original raiser does and maybe take a free card on the turn if he checks to me.
But if he had a good hand then why not CR me?

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Noodles calls.Ok now i am wondering why he bets into me on the turn,does he think his hand is good enough? i doubt if he caught something on the turn though

River: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Noodles folds.

I think this was a bad fold now.
I really get messed up when a guy bets 1st on the flop then calls a raise and bets into the raiser again on the turn,if he had a good hand why not CR? maybe afraid i will check through?

I am really bad in this situations and would like some advise on what to do?

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.75 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP2.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 doesn't show.
Outcome: MP2 wins 7.75 BB. [/color
Old 08-31-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Re: need help with this kind of situation:TP/WK,how to play post flop?

Either fold the turn or call the river. Your flop play was correct.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:44 PM

I'd say a call the turn hoping to spike a King, 8, or a face card would make sense. You get a face card, so now Kings up w/ a Jack kicker might take half the pot. So, I don't understand the river fold. Either fold to the turn bet or call down.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:48 PM

I would of called on the river, the J might have just given you a split pot if MP2 had a king.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.75 BB) 6 (2 players)
MP2 bets, Noodles calls.Ok now i am wondering why he bets into me on the turn,does he think his hand is good enough? i doubt if he caught something on the turn though

[/ QUOTE ]

He bets into you because he doesn't want you to check it through, ie, he has you stroked. Fold the turn.

Derek
Old 08-31-2004, 03:50 PM

yea fold was silly,ok if he had checked what would be best?
to take the free card or bet,i suppose it is tricky without a read but if the guy was capable of betting on the flop i would bet,but wo a read i would take the free card,would that be ok?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:10 PM

Noodles,

That river fold was sad, especially since the J means that you are now splitting the pot with K5/K6/K7/K9/KT. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 04:11 PM

I don't know if I like this. You have two outs if you think he doesnt' have the king, and one if you think he does. Plus whatever other cards will split the pot for you. It's hard to say what you should do, because that flop is easier to miss, and he's not likely to bet out that 8. But if you decided to raise on the flop, you're committing to go to the river. And for one BB on the river, with top pair, you shouldn't have folded. He could even have been on a flush draw. So, I guess this is redundant, but your raise (or call if that were the case) indicates to me that you are done drawing and are just hoping to take down this pot. Since so few cards can help you in this situation, you have to showdown if you're making action on the flop.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea fold was silly,ok if he had checked what would be best?
to take the free card or bet,i suppose it is tricky without a read but if the guy was capable of betting on the flop i would bet,but wo a read i would take the free card,would that be ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally when you're taking a free card, you're drawing to some hand. First, I don't think you're drawing to anything realistic. Second, a check would indicate it's possible you have the best hand. Therefore, bet the turn.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:58 PM

well sometimes i raise the flop when i think i could be beat but maybe not,then i get to see a cheaper showdown,if he checks the turn i check,then they will probably bet the riv so i see that.instead of paying 2.5 bets to see i pay 2.
But i shoulda seen the riv here,dont know why i didnt