Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-26-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: -400 Big Bet Downswing at $10/20 6max in 2 days

only 400 to go and you can be in my super exclusive club! GL, Im rooting for you!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:37 PM

I did 400!

and all I really want is a measly 300BB chip

/glare pokerbob?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but jfc 23k in 2 days, merry [censored] christmas lol
Old 12-26-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're 10-tabling, a downswing results not just from a bad run of cards, but also a bad run of **tables**.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come Again? I hope you mean bad run of tables in terms of tables becoming too tight and you not having enough time to find a new one, and not in terms of luck....

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now, I'll let you answer that question for yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm sure he's +EV at almost every table he plays. But some situations may be close to 0 EV. When I first moved up to 10/20, I ran superhot, and added more tables (ok, 3 tables) until eventually I hit bump in the road. Just enough to make me wonder what I was doing wrong. Especially since my opponents seemed suckier than ever. What I realized was that my "autopilot" plays were absolutely terrible provided that there was a fish to my left and I hadn't identified him as a fish yet. Others may have different weaknesses in their default plays.

Now, three tables is few enough where the solution is "pay attention, stupid". But I can only imagine ten tables. If (I emphasize *if*) the OP is not interested in getting player reads, one solution that works with a high probability would be merely to leave the tables where he's losing, because these are more likely to be tables where he doesn't have a big advantage.

Oh yeah, and certain tables whose digits add up to prime numbers are unlucky, and Party is rigged.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:49 PM

I have a bit of experience 10 tabling 6max games, and it's my honest opinion that nobody can have a significant edge 10 tabling 10/20 6max. 400BB downswings should be the regular for someone playing a tremendous number of hours 10 tabling a game like that. It's just too frantic. You might be a winner, but you're gonna have to be riding some mighty big waves.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I revised my estimate. I'd guess about 1 BB/100 long-term 10 tabling. I'm really, really used to 8-tabling 6max though.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who has multitabled a lot, I think most people underestimate just how well you can play tons of tables. The problem is if you are comfy with 8, moving to 10 requires quite a bit of time to adjust. I'd say being tired is more of a factor in your graph than the extra 2 tables, but moving to an extra 2 tables while tired was a bad idea.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone intentionally subject themselves to the hell of being a 1BB/100 player?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone intentionally subject themselves to the hell of being a 1BB/100 player?

[/ QUOTE ]

The dude wants a cruise~