Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: well, is it?
it depends (eleborate) 11 24.44%
no 7 15.56%
yes 27 60.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2005, 05:08 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: buying an elliptical

[ QUOTE ]
I bought one about two months ago:

linky

Actually, I got the 5.1 because they were out of the 4.0 and they upgraded me for free. It just has a bigger, fancier display.

I found a 15% off coupon code online so I got it for $466. I love it and use it almost every day. Like running but without the impact on knees and back.

[/ QUOTE ]
cool, good to know there are some cheaper ones out there that seem good. maybe i'll just end up getting one like this.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:16 PM

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:40 PM

That's ridiculous. Why would you spend $1500 on that? You don't need a machine to make ellipses. Just hit the period key three times. Sheesh.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recommend getting a dvd/tv set up in front of any static exercise machine (and infra-red/radio headphones too), so you can watch stuff while you train. Really helps keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is crucial for good home fitness. Get into a TV series, buy it in its entirity on DVD and watch an episode (or two) per exercise session. It really helps with the discipline. I find I exercise less when I run out of TV series to watch (I tend not to watch scheduled TV).

Once you get into the routine of it you'll find that you associate watching TV that you enjoy with doing an exercise session so the whole thing reinforces itself.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:56 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
That's ridiculous. Why would you spend $1500 on that? You don't need a machine to make ellipses. Just hit the period key three times. Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-19-2005, 05:59 PM

evil_twin,

This rules! why didn't I think of this... I guess because I don't have a dvd player for that TV. Now I have an excuse to buy another dvd player and more dvds.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes this is crucial for good home fitness. Get into a TV series, buy it in its entirity on DVD and watch an episode (or two) per exercise session. It really helps with the discipline. I find I exercise less when I run out of TV series to watch (I tend not to watch scheduled TV).

Once you get into the routine of it you'll find that you associate watching TV that you enjoy with doing an exercise session so the whole thing reinforces itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is just one problem with this idea. When I had the stationary bike, I decided to try this. I got a season of The Sopranos, and watched an episode while doing the bike. That part was fine. Then I moved to the couch and watched 6 more episodes. Doh! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is just one problem with this idea. When I had the stationary bike, I decided to try this. I got a season of The Sopranos, and watched an episode while doing the bike. That part was fine. Then I moved to the couch and watched 6 more episodes. Doh! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I solve this one by doing mine in a cold garage, and having nothing comfortable to sit on when I finish [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I have an excuse to buy another dvd player and more dvds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are effectively buying fitness equipment so go for it! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 07:17 PM

Get Futurama. The episodes are almost all good enough to watch a dozen times, but once you've watched them a few times each, you'll be able to get away from the t.v. without making a night of it. And there's four years of it to get through just for one round. Heck, the boxed set is even selling now at a good price!

P.S. Gorie -- I still think you should give those clubbells or kettlebells a serious look.