Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 PM

Default how will the adjustment be?

Sup SST guys,

I am (was) a limit cash game player and a filthy bonus whore.

I wish to put those days behind me and move my study to SnG's.

My poker process has been in the past to leave my original deposit of $100 while cashing out 1k. I have done this ten times know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (well at least this year)

My plan for the new year is to not cash out unless I need it.

Until the end of the summer multi-tabling cash ring I thought was the only way to make any money. After spending months lurking on this forum my mind has been changed.

My main focus for the past few months has been HU on Absolute. Pulled in 500 this week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for SnG's most of my experiance is here as well.

I only have 100+ SnG's so I wont talk how I think I am pwning these things with such a ridiculously small sample size. (But I will add for my ego purposes I almost always hit the bouble and beyond.)

So enought ranting and on to my question.

I wish to keep track of my stats for SnG's seeing as PT doesnt support SnG's so I will moving my play over to party.

How will the adjustment be, ie. players and structure?

any suggestions and comments apperciated.

I have currently a roll of $600 I could whore it up a little more with little effort if need be.

What level should I start?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: how will the adjustment be?

If you're confident you are a winning player you could start at the $20+2s with that bankroll. $30+3 if it is actually more than $600 like you said.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:26 PM

I feel I more of SH player more so HU. Some of my concerns are
1) The starting stack size.
2) The Structure.
3) My post flop play (all of my post flop experiance is from SSHE style which I am concerned will not pour over well in the long run)

4) My heaps up experiance might hurt me on the bouble.(over confident in my play)
Old 12-13-2005, 05:30 PM

I think it would be best for you to start out at the $11s to get used to the Party structure. If you adapt quick and build your roll up a little, then move up to the $22s.
Not sure about the Absolute structure, but if they're like most sites, you're starting with 1500 chips. Party's $11s start with 800 chips, so get used to mucking suited connectors and such. To sum it up in one sentence, play tight early and aggressive late.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:33 PM

Quick thoughts:

Play the $22s at Party, get comfortable with things. If you start out cold, there's no shame in moving down. If you wanted to continue playing heads up, there's always Pokerstars.

Don't expect to "pwn" your opponents heads up. We're talking about short stack, big blinds, heads up poker... there isn't a ton of room to outplay people.

Disabuse yourself of the notion that you will "almost always hit the bubble and beyond." Unless we have different ideas about what almost always means, this won't be true long term.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't expect to "pwn" your opponents heads up. We're talking about short stack, big blinds, heads up poker... there isn't a ton of room to outplay people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is were I am worried for the most part. Alot of my SH HU play is for one knowing the villian

I can usally figure him out in a short amount of hands.

Then it is mainly deception, trapping and picking the right moments to bluff and show the villian I did confusing him lol. Thats heads up any way.

With short stacks, big blinds and not alot of room to play with it sounds party will be an adjustment.