Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-01-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Folding AA (Full Tilt 3/6)

First time poster, long time lurker. Sorry for the lack of conversion, but Full Tilt isnt supported by the converter. Anyways...

Hero is UTG with AsAd
Button is 41.26/6.90/1.76 after 812 hands
BB is 18.97/8.84/1.94 after 701 hands
(I heart PT)

Preflop - Hero raises, folds Button who calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop Qc 2s Jc - Hero bets, Button calls, BB calls

Turn Kd - BB checks, Hero bets, Button raises, BB 3-bets (WTF did i just walk into), Hero folds

River 8d - BB bets, Button calls

Results - BB shows 9hTh (Straight K-high), Button mucks AhAc (Pair of Aces)

I folded the turn thinking at least one of them had 2 paint, but I didnt see the other rockets or the 9Ts coming at any point.

Granted that I folded when I didnt have the best hand anymore, but did I misplay this or did I just run into something and got out at right time?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Folding AA (Full Tilt 3/6)

The turn card is troubling. We're really kind of hoping the TAG in the BB just has AJ or a club draw or something, but he could have just made two pair or a straight.

Who knows what Button has, but when he raises and then BB check/3-bets, it looks like it's time to get out. That check/3-bet is really scary. You've got some murky set and straight outs, and there's some small chance a 2 would counterfeit both of your opponents' hands, but I think it's time to fold.

I think you played it fine.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:41 PM

The pot is not nearly big enough to call two on the turn. If it was five or six big bets bigger though I may have seen a showdown here.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:45 PM

Since your weren't 3 bet on your PF raise - you had no way to put Button on the other AA or anything close. You folded to the cold call on a connected high card board after the turn.

Looks standard to me.

Edit: And I bet Button kicked himself for not 3 betting PF as he should have. BB would have faced a cold call and maybe folds the small pot. 1/2 a pot would have been better than losing.