Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-26-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Satelites to non-poker events

I brought this up to the wife. How well do you think satelites to some non-poker events would fly? Example:

"Poker Stars $33R One Super Bowl package guaranteed"

It wouldn't be a bad way for people to get to go to dream events on the cheap. I played the WSOP ME "only" because I won my seat via satelite...in other words if I win $10K, I probably keep the $$$. I think the same would be said for something like the Super Bowl, but if you win a package outright, there is no question as to go or not.

Just a brainstorm, curious about your thoughts...
Old 11-27-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Satelites to non-poker events

Refer to thread on party's high flyer promo
Old 11-27-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Satelites to non-poker events

Good call. I copy Teddy FBI's response and hopefully this thread will die a quick death:

[ QUOTE ]
It baffles me that people still fall for these gimmick tournaments. Don't you realize that this isn't anything but a $600K guaranteed tournament in disguise? But wait -- it's actually far, far worse than any of their weekend $250 buyin tournaments, because you don't get to choose how you spend your 'winnings'. They just foist upon you the jet package or a Mercedes. So unless those things were on your 'to-buy' list anyway, this lack of prize choice is seriously -EV. Exactly the same scam they run with Party Steps -- someone pointed out that it's far smarter to "make your own Steps tournament", by starting at the 10+1 regular SNG and simply parlaying your winnings (if any) into the higher SNGs...far superior to Steps b/c you actually have the option of stopping (aka 'cashing out') at any stage.

This is not directed at the OP, but rather anyone who actually considers this a "cool' promotion. It's a sucker's bet. You're far, far better off playing in any of their weekend $500 - $700K guaranteed tournies.

[/ QUOTE ]