Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:06 PM

Default 10/20 JJ in the CO

first of, thanks to HUSH - my 10/20 transition is going well, thanks guys.

6 handed. SB is awful and pretty much the reason why my table has slowly filled up with TAGs. BB is a good player, my notes on him say he is tricky, good.

Folded to me, I raise J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button folds, SB cold calls, BB calls.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Yahtzee)
check, check, I bet, SB calls, BB c/r me. I 3 bet, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
check, check, I bet, SB calls, BB c/r (again), I 3 bet, SB folds, BB calls.

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He check raises again.

Now, I know all he needs is a 5, but can i really give him credit for a 5? I feel like he would have had to c/r me with 56 or 55 on both streets to do that. At this point I'd give him credit for 66 or 44, so I think a 3 bet is in order.

Comments on all streets please.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: 10/20 JJ in the CO

Just call on the river.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:16 PM

The only possible hand that he could have played this way that beats you if he isn't on crack is 75s. On the river he might have a worse set and he is going for the trifecta because he knows you don't have 5.

You've shown too much strength to think you have just TP though. So if he doesn't think you are a maniac then I would just call simply because your read is that he is good and that you lose 2 when he has 75s and you probably only win 1 when he has a worse set.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:18 PM

3 bet the river. Good for him if he got lucky with 75s or whatever.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:24 PM

what's lucky about 57? If he had it he flopped open-ended, played it strong on the flop on a relatively clean board (not paired, not double-suited) which mathematically is excellent. He sure got the deception value going as well because apparently you refuse to believe he could have flopped OESD which came on turn (which he obviously checkraises to trap SB again on the turn after you showed such flop strength). Just call.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet the river. Good for him if he got lucky with 75s or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is not a good thought. There are 4 combinations of 75s, 6 combinations of 66 and 44 for a set. And because hero loses 2 when behind and wins 1 when ahead, then we should only call.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:30 PM

I'd just call. Doesn't really look like you are up against another set or a 7-5 to me (usually) those hands typically cap the turn. I think the mostlikey hand is something like a 55 that kept improving its outlook or a hand that wont call a river 3bet.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just call. Doesn't really look like you are up against another set or a 7-5 to me (usually) those hands typically cap the turn. I think the mostlikey hand is something like a 55 that kept improving its outlook or a hand that wont call a river 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but would he c/r with that on the turn? 55 or 56? I also felt he would cap 57, as cap then lead has better value then call 3bet, c/r river.

The only hand I could imagine was 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but I was confused and still don't know if i made the right play.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:51 PM

"I agree, but would he c/r with that on the turn? 55 or 56?"

Potentially. Would not be unheard of at that game at all, would it? I mean he could think something like there is at least a little chance he is already ahead, think that he has a little fold equity, and think he may have 13+ outs if behind. He would then likely realize that not only was he behind, but that also he didnt have as many outs as he thought he had after your turn 3bet... but obvioulsy enough to call anyway. Then when he catches river he knows he can cr you again.

Doesnt seem all that farfetched to me.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:14 PM

That was basically my rational. I just called and he showed 66 and MHIG.