Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: 50/100 vs. GoG

Diablo, how would you have played this hand?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo, how would you have played this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have led the flop, but scdavis told me that was lazy analysis and sucked.

I won't go into any more detail on how I would play this hand, because a lot of my thoughts are based on my knowledge from talking w/ GoG about how he plays.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:52 PM

turn was checked through, river was checked through, he had KQ no spade i win!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4handed in this spot as a "standard" would you be more likely to reraise/call/fold pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned that in my reply, maybe Bruiser missed it....I think if AJ is strong enough to call preflop with OOP 4-handed (particularly against a tough player), it's strong enough to reraise with....that really takes control of the hand and neutralizes a lot of GoG's weapons......it's probably also good for meta-game if Bruiser shows the hand down because then if he does it when he picks up two aces or two kings, they won't know for sure.....
Old 11-02-2005, 07:51 PM

Your passive line is fine when the other guy gives up like a pussy. As I remember, the river blanked off; I assume you would have called. I also like leading the flop since it injects some honesty into the situation. Checkraising the flop shuts out some hands you'd like gone but puts you in a sick spot when you get called. Check-calling the flop and checkraising the turn is abysmal and is basically a pure bluff. Better to do that with no hand at all.

If you do a lot of check-calling in spots like this you'll have to balance by trapping the crazies with good hands. Unless you made a very tough call, any spade or straight card (as well as the kings and queens) on the river would have lost you the pot.

Edit: the stop-and-go is rare and confusing enough that you'll probably get an honest response. Unless he's seen you do it before with a mediocre hand...