Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --worst site ever.

[ QUOTE ]
If it makes you feel any better, Paradise is the only site (I play on 14) that Im a loser at over a 6 month period. I think it might be more due to my reliance on HUD than the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just commenting to my GF last night (while getting run over chasing this current Paradise bonus) that:

a) I've taken more money out of Paradise than any other site (recreational player with accounts at Paradise, Party, Stars, and UB).

b) Paradise is the only site at which I'm losing this calendar year.

In my case, I attribute it to the fact that they have had the least frequent bonuses, so I've played the fewest hours there this year (right around 50, 2-tabling mostly) so the fact that I'm down about $200 for the year isn't cause for alarm.

I'll grant that it's annoying, though. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 06:08 PM

only 36 more bonus to clear then i'm off. For some reason their software hurts my head.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:10 PM

I played there last year and was dealt 2k hands and never was dealt AA once. I thought that was kind of weird and cashed out. I still have $40 pending in my bonus account.

I reloaded some loot into the site over the weekend, now I have $140 pending. I guess I have to go back but I don't want to. This post makes me wonder if my "paradise is weird" thoughts are valid. LOL
Old 10-31-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should not be a loser over any 3000 game stretch.(at least it never happened before in my first 70k games)

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Every time I think I have read the dumbest comment 2+2 could ever see, you prove me wrong...

Acme
Old 10-31-2005, 06:18 PM

Paradise just sucks.

I'm an overall winner there, plus bonus.

I have just left $70 of bonus to be cleared when it actually becomes worthwhile, compared to what else is out there.

The site frustrates the heck out of me, and that affects my game. Plus the bonus clears slowish at only 3 tables. I don't like having more than one client open, although I have started playing 6 tables recently.

There are some places, you just don't like to play. For me Paradise seems to be one of them.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:31 PM

Just out of couriosity, what's your paradise screenname and what stakes you currently play? Iam hard regular there and you sn info would help me to get better picture of the whole situation.

Best wishes
Old 10-31-2005, 06:43 PM

I agree the "online poker is rigged" crowd is a bunch of losers/idiots/paranoid fools, etc.

WITH one small caveat... I see quads on Paradise... many many many many quads, many quads. That's all I'm saying... alot of quads.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:44 PM

One thing for sure the lobby software sure is strange. Keeps telling me waiting lists are full when they're clearly not, or i'll be clicking the waiting list of a 1/2 table but the table the waiting list box comes up for is a 10/20 table. This is happening to me as I type [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do however enjoy the clickity clackity chip sounds and the smoking chips when u get pushed a pot.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WITH one small caveat... I see quads on Paradise... many many many many quads, many quads. That's all I'm saying... alot of quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh....

please show me actual versus expected data with a sufficient sample size to back up this inane claim.

if you don't have it, I do. quads come exactly as expected.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:52 PM

I have no evidence at all, no math, no hand histories nothing, therefor I can make no statements.

I'm just saying that I have not played at Paradise much (i only play there to clear bonuses) however in my brief time playing there I see enough quads to make me personally uncomfortable.

I could be suffereing from selective memory, like maybe the idea crossed my mind and then a random group of quads happened soon after and I was all "AH HA!" or perhaps I just witnessed a weird streak of them fully within the bounds of statistical normalacy.

So I make no accusations of course because I have no proof and don't wanna sound like one of those "My AA got beat 3 times! This site is rigged to take my $25!" nuts.

This was discussed by a few people on this thread

Thread

This thread offers no real proof of anything though of course.