Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: OK I\'ll say it...

[ QUOTE ]
I think Dunn is better than McGahee.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are outta your mind.

McGahee has like 12 100-yd games in 17 starts since triple ACL surgery. He has a much weaker line and no vick to take pressure off and no Duckett to rest him.

McGahee has more td's this year, same ydg, and last year had more yds and 4 more TDs in 5 fewer starts.

Naj
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Dunn is better than McGahee.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are outta your mind.

McGahee has like 12 100-yd games in 17 starts since triple ACL surgery. He has a much weaker line and no vick to take pressure off and no Duckett to rest him.

McGahee has more td's this year, same ydg, and last year had more yds and 4 more TDs in 5 fewer starts.

Naj

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah? YEAH?! Well, I think I'm a Falcons fan who likes to drink beer on weeknights and has been angry for a while that Dunn never gets the respect he deserves. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, you may be right that McGahee is better. But Dunn is an excellent back, and he never gets mentioned as one of the elite NFL rushers. I think he should.

I think TDs are overrated as a measure of a RB's worth, though having a LOT more TDs is certainly significant.

The knock on Dunn was always that he's small, but when I watch him, he's always falling forward. He makes defenders miss as well as anyone in the league. I dunno. I have a soft spot for him.

FWIW Dr. Z rated him as the #1 back in the NFL about five years ago.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:26 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

So, because McGahee doesn't have people who also carry the ball, he should be expected to have fewer yards? Come again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunn doesn't get the ball in goal line situations. Not because he's not good enough to, but because Duckett is better. If Duckett were on Buffalo, McGahee wouldn't have as many TDs as he does now.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, because McGahee doesn't have people who also carry the ball, he should be expected to have fewer yards? Come again?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunn doesn't get the ball in goal line situations. Not because he's not good enough to, but because Duckett is better. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, McGahee has more 100-yd games than Dunn since he's become a starter, more TDs, is a better blocker, and you're arguing that Dunn is better? How are we supposed to measure that, or should I just take your word on it?

Warrick is a good RB, just not as good as willis.

naj
Old 10-27-2005, 12:27 AM

So, McGahee has more 100-yd games than Dunn since he's become a starter, more TDs, is a better blocker, and you're arguing that Dunn is better? How are we supposed to measure that, or should I just take your word on it?

Warrick is a good RB, just not as good as willis.

naj

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm arguing that all of your reasons that McGahee is better were poorly chosen. Also, Dunn is a better blocker.

BTW, this year, Dunn has more 78 more rushing yards, and a better avg per rush (5.4 to 4.2). It's easy to explain why he has 2 fewer touchdowns than McGahee when Vick has 3 and Duckett 4.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:45 AM

Yeah, I really didn't think this was even worth arguing. The Bills OL is brutal and every team he faces has 8+ in the box.
Vick also helps the running game a lot, and not just by running as pointed out by Hodge &amp; Jaws on film study. The DE &amp; OLB always have to respect the boot action from the weak side which opens up some nice cutback lanes.
Dunn is a fine RB and also seems like the guy you'd want your daughter to bring home, but I think just about every GM in the league would opt for Willis given the choice.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:23 PM

In addition to Dr. Z's aforementioned opinion, Peter King had this to say last week in SI:

"Most underappreciated player in football: Falcons running back Warrick Dunn. Other than the Chargers' LaDainian Tomlinson, there's not a tougher, more complete back in the league."