Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-14-2005, 12:01 AM

Default IS IT EVEN WORTH IT?

If a poker site has a max rake at a lower limit game, say .25, which happens only on maybe 10-15% of the hands, and then they say that in order for a hand to be considered a "raked hand" it must reach a minimum of .25 and that only "raked hands" will count towards rake back deals...is it even worth it? I mean in that case you'll only see it coming to you on 1 in 10 or so hands. I see it's worth it at the higher limits where most of the hands will reach the .25 threshold, but not the lower limits.

Are there any rake back deals where they simply pay you for the number of hands played, regardless of the size of the pot or amount of rake taken out? Any info. on this would be greatly appreciated as I play lots of low limit hands and therefore am afraid I won't be getting much in the way of rakeback.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: IS IT EVEN WORTH IT?

I would say no. Why would a site want to pay you money for hands that arent raked. They make no money on those hands. If theyre gonna do that they might as well pay you an hourly rate to play on their play money tables.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:19 AM

that's a good point but let's say they have .10 raked on a pot w/ 10 players, ea. one put in .01, why not give a rake back player 30% of the .01? Not much for the player but it adds up, and the site still makes their money on the hand.

I thought I remember reading about deals where u can get .01 per hand flat rate, even at low limits, anyone know if that exists?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:21 AM

That $.01 counts towards rakeback.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:28 AM

Okay then I must be misunderstanding something here, maybe u can help me out in understanding this. If site says "raked hands" need to reach .25 in order to give player anything on it, then how does the .10 hand in my example qualify?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay then I must be misunderstanding something here, maybe u can help me out in understanding this. If site says "raked hands" need to reach .25 in order to give player anything on it, then how does the .10 hand in my example qualify?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 'raked hands' bonus is not what is being discussed when you hear the word 'rakeback'.