Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Fla St. -21 vs. Syracuse

I'm not a college ball guru, but I am a Cuse fan and they suck really really bad. Even in the past when they sucked, they could at least run the ball well. This year they can't even do that. Their QB is a complete joke. They did play UVA tough a couple weeks ago at home - I was at that game and came away with the feeling that UVA is overrated as usual. The game was only close because SU kept running the same bootleg TE drag across the middle and that was the only play that worked for them, UVA was too dumb to catch on and bit on the fake every time. WR's blow, OL stinks, and RB is mediocre at best.
FSU's defense is obviously a lot faster and more athletic and I'd expect them to pitch a shutout. I know their offense isn't great, but I'd expect SU's overachieving D to wear down in the 2nd half after being on the field the whole game and end up yielding around 27-35 points.
Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Fla St. -21 vs. Syracuse

I like your pick.

On the other hand, Florida St. is only averaging 350 ypg and that is inflated due to the Citadel game. They only scored 10 against Miami and 28 against BC. Is Syracuse's defense worse than BC's?

To me, it comes down to this question: Will Syracuse's offense give up enough tournovers and tds the wrong way to cover the spread??
Old 09-27-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Fla St. -21 vs. Syracuse

[ QUOTE ]
I like your pick.

On the other hand, Florida St. is only averaging 350 ypg and that is inflated due to the Citadel game. They only scored 10 against Miami and 28 against BC. Is Syracuse's defense worse than BC's?

To me, it comes down to this question: Will Syracuse's offense give up enough tournovers and tds the wrong way to cover the spread??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really don't know much about BC to be honest. I saw SU go up there and lay the wood on them in the final game of last year, now all of the sudden BC comes into this year as a PK vs. FSU - did they suddenly get a bunch of talent on defense? Of course, they did outplay FSU for most of that game and could've easily won, then scored a nice win in Clemson. Hard to get a handle on SU's D either. Coach G. Robinson has NFL experience and they get turnovers. They looked good vs. WVU but I think WVU sucks on offense. They pretty much got carved up by UVA's offense, which basically just consists of a poor man's Vick at QB running around; and not much of a passing game. But yeah, I think FSU's D could easily outscore SU's offense.

Nice avatar - you lookin forward to hoops season as much as me? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]