Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-12-2005, 11:18 PM

Default I check/call a lot sometimes

Level 3, Empire Happy Hour. I just got moved to a new table with 2K chips and don't have too many reads. 3 hands in, I limp red 66 in MP, the button (also with 2K) raises to 125, blinds fold and I call. Right after I call, some guy says "she has one move". Interesting.

The flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . I check. She bets 50 into the pot of 295 or something. I think about making it 250 for a while but just call.

The turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . I check. Now she bets 200 into the pot of 400. I call again.

The river is the good news/bad news T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . I check, she evidently hits the 'bet pot' button and autobets 795, I think for a few seconds and call.

I either credit or blame Tommy Angelo.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: I check/call a lot sometimes

I posted a similar hand and I expect this post to get many more responses.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:24 PM

Wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 01:39 PM

Remember that Tommy is more of a cash game player than a tournament player. In fact, I can't ever remember him posting something on MTT. I think I'd either raise the flop or call and lead out on the turn. Tough call on the river.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:41 PM

i like the river call, im not sure about the turn. flop is fairly automatic.

I generally am concerned by min flop bet followed by real turn bet though, as I feel like it indicates a real hand. So based on the, she either has nothing or a full house thinking, while it may be thin the river call here is certainly ok. Of course if you always play hands this way its chip spewing, but you know that.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:07 PM

i would only take this line against an extreme LAG who bluffed through the river frequently.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I generally am concerned by min flop bet followed by real turn bet though, as I feel like it indicates a real hand. So based on the, she either has nothing or a full house thinking, while it may be thin the river call here is certainly ok. Of course if you always play hands this way its chip spewing, but you know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it sounds like she has a T, and then makes trips on the end. if someone took this line against me, i would tag them "loose fish."

can someone explain the wisdom of the river call against a player on whom we have no reliable reads?

also, is this 15/30 or 25/50?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:51 PM

on the river could a small bet of 200 serve a purpose? i think its called a blocking bet. this would maybe save several hundred chips verse an overpair since we really dont have much of an idea where we are in the hand. and if we are reraised we could easily muck.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it sounds like she has a T, and then makes trips on the end. if someone took this line against me, i would tag them "loose fish."

can someone explain the wisdom of the river call against a player on whom we have no reliable reads?

also, is this 15/30 or 25/50?

[/ QUOTE ]

You think the 50 bet on the flop indicates top pair? I think it means nothing or something like a set/overpair. If adan puts him on "nothing" then the river call is certainly reasonable and the T is the best card possible to come out for a call.