Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Thank you Omaha 8/b forum

Hi all,

I have posted a few times in this section of the forum, but have mostly lurked.

I just watned to say a quick thank you to the regular posters for your assistance with O/8. After lurking for a while and netting about 65 dollars in 3 hours of .25/.50 limit, I entered the 20+2 limit 0/8 tourney at 1:15 on Poker Stars Saturday night. I came in second for not only my best Omaha cash, but my best tourney cash ever of 600 dollars.

I saw 34% of flops before the final table (more once we got short handed of course), which showed the discipline that I learned from many posts here about not playing poor A3xx as often, I just called with the flush draw a couple times to keep a pot large (ribbo style I believe) and overall played solid omaha 8 or better.

It actually wasn't too hard looking back on it. I hit a river flush which gave me 3/4 of a pot with about 50 players left which propelled me to 2nd in chips at that point. 18 paid.

My biggest hand was a SB hand.

Blinds were 200/400 at this point, about 40 left. 3 limpers to me in the SB, I complete with the very marginal 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks.

Flop(1000) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> Sometimes you gotta get lucky. BB bets (perfect), 1 fold, 2 callers, and I raise. All call. At this point I know I have to be super careful as the hand continues.
</font>
Turn (2600): 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets again, MP2 calls, 1 fold, I raise, 2 calls.
<font color="red"> I put MP2 on a five, and the BB as the low draw. But I didn't understand BBs smooth call of my raise. If he had the nut low I would think he'd reraise me, but I still (obviously) like my hand </font>

River (5000): A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP2 checks, I bet, both call. I scoop a 7400 pot.

MP2 showed 2-5-6-8
BB showed A-2-K-9 with A-K of spades.

So I guess it's good to be lucky sometimes too.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for consistently thorough advice in this forum. It's helped a lot.

Brad
Old 08-23-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Thank you Omaha 8/b forum

I hear there is luck in this game....