Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Anyone with a similar story?? (Long)

your problem is you are 22 years old and patience is not part of your mentality at this stage of your life.

My son did the same thing that you did. Early success and then he moved up in limits until he lost it all. He would not listen when I said, hey, you are having success crushing the lower limit sngs, i.e. the 1 one on Stars that he regularly won and then the .25/50 ring games he had some success.

You need to look at steady success, not WSOP success.

I have been playing the 3 table $5 Poker Stars sngs since they started them and I love the crap out of them. This is a good place to practice and build a bankrool I have built 150 to almost $800 playing them over the last several weeks.

My point in telling you that is that I could easily move up to the $10 MTT sngs, and I am planning on doing it, but I set a goal of hitting 1000 before I do it, and I am going to stick to it.

You need to put together a game plan to build a bankroll and stick with it. Stay within your limits. This is not a macho thing. The top players did not start out at 4000/8000 they more than likely started at less than 4/8.

these lower level sngs and ring games will give you invaluable practice playing a lot of hands and seeing a lot of hands for not a lot of money.

Good luck, don't quit the day job, and don't hide [censored] from your wife, unless you want to be a punk all your life. You are married, so be a man and play if you want to play, but don't make up [censored] to hide things from her.