Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 07:37 PM

Default My final WSOP tally

I'm well behind a lot of other players I think, cos I was struggling to get into my 2nd event..

Invested $2k cash (approx), mainly in PS shootouts - before dumbly discovering the $27 Rebuys which win you $W650.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Made deals for $6k cash in those.

Invested 800 on Doyles Room to win a ME seat worth 12.5k...lucky tourney [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Had to cough up 2k today to get enuf $W to enter teh 3k event...I seemed to suddenly be unable to make it in the 27R's any more. I think Microbob did a better job in those and already qualified for teh 3k too, cos he's been absent from the 27's recently.

oh, bunged Granny 40 bucks, so when I go down the toilet in both events I can cheer someone on.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: My final WSOP tally

[ QUOTE ]
I'm well behind a lot of other players I think, cos I was struggling to get into my 2nd event..

Invested $2k cash (approx), mainly in PS shootouts - before dumbly discovering the $27 Rebuys which win you $W650.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Made deals for $6k cash in those.

Invested 800 on Doyles Room to win a ME seat worth 12.5k...lucky tourney [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Had to cough up 2k today to get enuf $W to enter teh 3k event...I seemed to suddenly be unable to make it in the 27R's any more. I think Microbob did a better job in those and already qualified for teh 3k too, cos he's been absent from the 27's recently.

oh, bunged Granny 40 bucks, so when I go down the toilet in both events I can cheer someone on.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The"
Old 06-19-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: My final WSOP tally

I actually went backwards in the $27 rebuys also.

I only had $1400 or so in W$ and T$ in total (I play the $11 satellites for 215T$ also).

I had to spend $2000 in cash and T$ to convert over to W$ (to get a little discount) for the July 1 $3k event.

Also - I had a stretch in there where I was always finishing just out of the 650W$ and ending up with the cash.
Sometimes it was $450...other times in was $200.
So some of this cash got converted over to W$ obviously and was a big reason why my W$ account was fading so rapidly.

I've had other stuff going on keeping me away from the $27 rebuys. Otherwise I would have been hitting them.

But I need more schedule flexibility and it's kind of annoying to tell my GF, "Well....we can go out either in 5 minutes....OR 3 hours....depending on how I do in these 2 tourneys I'm in."
If I'm less certain whether I'll be free for the next 3 or 4 hours than I don't sign-up for them and just play ring-games or something.

I'm in the July 1 event ($3k buy-in)
and the main-event ($10k...July 7..day 1a)

Wanted to play more events but just wasn't winning enough W$.

I sold $2660 in 'stakes' of myself ($1k to each of my parents...and a handful of $100 shares via my blog readership).
I didn't want to sell any more than this. It's about 20% which is perfect for me. I won't owe too much if I somehow win huge....but I have a base of fans/investors who get to pull for me and have a fun time with it.

Head out to vegas on June 29 and am reasonably confident in my tourney game these days.
It's a bit of Negreneau-itis because it's mostly based on just playing decently of recent.

Finished 4th out of 100 in last night's UB Aruba satellite (top 2 got the package). Was 1st or 2nd in chips for most of that event. Real heartbreaker that I didn't get it.

Finished 9th out of 66 at a live tourney in Tunica on Wednesday for my first ever live final-table. Only won $40 more than what I paid...but the experience was good for me. It was my first live tourney since the cruise and only my 4th live tourney lifetime.
Live tourneys ARE very obviously different than online for a variety of reasons.