Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TP TK on an unpaired rainbow flop heads up
I slowplay here sometimes. 40 51.95%
I'd never slowplay here. 37 48.05%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Should Favorite Threads be stickied?

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously my opinion doesn't matter, but I disagree with your thinking here. Allowing a handful of people to make a decision in which they have significant self-interest is rarely a good idea, and I don't mean that as an offense to anyone personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best posters on here probably don't have much interest in it, actually, since the people who stand to benefit the most from having this thread be easily findable won't be playing at their buyins any time soon.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the actual question at hand, I would much prefer Citanul's FAQ to be stickied than your favorite threads post, just because yours is significantly -EV for everyone. Again though, that is a very selfish answer on my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is. By the same reasoning, nobody whose posts are any good should post here. But obviously this place would be entirely worthless if that happened. I like it here, so let's hope it doesn't.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:26 PM

First gump, i agree with your points regarding levels of play - and as far as self interest, if you cant handle other's development, then your own development has become stagnant. More solid 2+2 players would make the games slightly less profitable, but it should drive you to be better than every other 2+2 guy at your table.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, I think it will generally lead to better discussions if people have familiarity with a lot of the underlying groundwork. I'm all for stickying that thread; I don't see any negative side effects, and I see lots of potential good ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that anyone that is prepared to read through all the linked threads and absorb what is in them will be given the link soon anyway (it does get posted on almost a daily basis in threads here). The others who just want to post bad beats or ask if their winning rate is sustainable wouldn't read the threads even they had boobies, so I don't think the risk of educating the morons is that big.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they get the link anyway, why not just sticky it?

And this post has nothing to do with the guys who just post bad beats - if they cant move up a level and they're not willing to learn its neither beneficial or a hinderance either way, surely?

Phill
Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously my opinion doesn't matter

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to give that impression and apologize if I did.

The Shadow
Old 06-03-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With that reasoning The Shadow should delete it.

A forum where knowledge is being exchanged trying to hide knowledge is completely backwards to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Delete it? Horrible idea.

Those that get involved in the discussion will always find Shadow's post. I just wonder if we should give it all to the transient surfer.

I could change my mind again on this topic. I find the arguments on both sides compelling.

How about this for a solution? TwoPlusTwo institutes a $25 annual fee. Keeps out the transients, pays the power bill for the server, and insures a serious clientele.

(I'll bet everybody will be wild about this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

GG
Old 06-08-2005, 01:36 PM

NO.....

And it's not close (for more reasons than most think).

However, if you decide to get it stickied I'd be willing to help you with it if you want.

Yugoslav
Old 06-08-2005, 01:42 PM

No I'm selfish and greedy. I don't want any to improve but me. If people want good info I think they should have to seach for it.