Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Overpair to a monotone board

I have literally no clue on these types of hands. Esepcially with the bet and the raise into me. At the table for less than one orbit.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="blue"> Hero ????? </font>
Old 06-06-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Overpair to a monotone board

lol. Do you think he is trying to protect his overcards?

That's a tuffy. I might be inclined to raise or fold. Leaning more towards fold. I hate being in this spot because flushes hit so much, and you have to believe one of them has a club. With no reads, I would proably drop JJ and wish I had KK.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:40 AM

I fold here. It sucks, but if you're not beaten already, there are a lot of ways you will be by the river. You're getting about 5.75:1 on a call, it might go to 3-bets, and you might be drawing dead already.

With no reads, it's a fold.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:43 AM

Fold. You're probably beaten already (maybe by a made flush, maybe by a set, maybe by some rotten two pair), and if you're not, there are a ton of cards that can beat you. You're not closing the action, there will probably be more betting on future streets, reverse implied odds, etc.

If it had been checked to me, I would have bet. If someone had just bet, I would have raised. But I think you can let this go when its two bets cold to you after you showed PF strength.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:45 AM

Argh, I hate these.

I dunno...

I'd probably just fold. We might already be beat, there's a decent chance we'll be outdrawn, the pot's not huge, and there's also a lot of overcards to worry about.

These all combine to really hurt our chances.

If I decided to stay in I dunno what I'd do. 3 betting seems pretty stupid. Cold call 2 and see the BB does, I suppose. If he just calls and the MP2 bets out the turn we can consider raising a non-flush card. That's probably my line if I didn't want to fold. If I get 3 bet... I'll just probably leave the computer and go cry alone somewhere.

I'm just gonna fold the flop.