Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 05-19-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Hilarious heads-up match hand

I play the Heads Up S&Gs on Full Tilt quite often when I'm bored. This was at $10+$1, and the oddest hand I've yet to experience.

I'm up about 400 chips at this point. Blinds are either 40/80 or 50/100.

I start with 878. Villian has door J. I bring-in, and he completes. I just call, planning on check-raising 4th.

4th: He hits a 4, I pair my 8 giving me trips. Check-raise out the window, I bet double. He raises. I just call.

5th: I hit a Q, he hits a 9, giving him a rainbow. I check-raise, and it's capped.

6th. I hit another Q while he hits another blank. I cringe as the strength of my hand is obvious, but he caps it with me anyway. Uh...okay? Could he have trip jacks?

7th: I bet. He raises. I 3-bet.............and he folds with 80 chips left.

What....the...hell? I've played with this person twice before, and my note speaks well of him. "solid player, too aggressive at times so play weak early and let him think he's in control"....but this was just bizarre.

Oh and so there's an actual point to my post, many many thanks to all the guys who post here, especially Andy who's advice I love reading and feel it has improved my game. If it wasn't for all you guys I probably wouldn't have ended up in the final four of a 45 person $20 Stud MTT on Full Tilt, with half the chips in play. (Then I ran into trips three times when I had aces up by 4th which saw me fizzle out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )