Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: One more Zooer.

[ QUOTE ]
That $5,000 offer is still on the table.... Seriously though, nice job, you played great. Great call on the J7 hand. I thought you might lay it down if you had the J, but moreso I was hoping you were also on the draw. Well done dogs.

Lee (CDs Nuts)

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, so you hang around here too..?!

It was a good old long ding dong battle once we were HU, even though the rest of the final table seemed to happen quickly. It coulda gone either way if you'd caught some cards; I just got some of the better cards I think (and the final hand came just perfect for me after I'd been pressing you for a while [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. the poker gods smiled on me.

The J7 hand I remember - it gave me a nice chip lead, whereas you woulda got the nice lead if I'd dropped. I called cos I like to pay em off on the river.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ...plus there was the strong possibility you were on a draw yourself.

Great Game, Lee.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:47 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Very Cool. Good for you balls.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 12:00 AM

Yeah, I could tell almost immediately that I wouldn't be able to bully you, even when I had the lead. The hand that got you out of the hole was Q9 vs QT when we flopped top pair. I think I was almost 4/1 before that. Was it me or were the blinds ridiculously low when we started hu? Final table went down like a breeze.

There was one hand that I couldn't decide whether I played it right, but I got the pot so I guess I did. Board was Th 9h x and I had 78h. You raised preflop and I checkraised all in on the flop. You thought a while and folded. Overall a very tough HU match that could've gone either way. I'm was kind of glad you didn't take the 5k, but thought it was a fair price. I remember thinking "isn't it 12.5k?" when you said 13.5k, but figured you just made a typo. Again, congrats, you played great.

Lee
Old 05-16-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I could tell almost immediately that I wouldn't be able to bully you, even when I had the lead. The hand that got you out of the hole was Q9 vs QT when we flopped top pair. I think I was almost 4/1 before that. Was it me or were the blinds ridiculously low when we started hu? Final table went down like a breeze.

There was one hand that I couldn't decide whether I played it right, but I got the pot so I guess I did. Board was Th 9h x and I had 78h. You raised preflop and I checkraised all in on the flop. You thought a while and folded. Overall a very tough HU match that could've gone either way. I'm was kind of glad you didn't take the 5k, but thought it was a fair price. I remember thinking "isn't it 12.5k?" when you said 13.5k, but figured you just made a typo. Again, congrats, you played great.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

The blinds weren't very high the whole time. i think it's cos many players got in via feeder sats and weren't willing to rebuy or add-on, so lots of early casualties. Remember, it was $200 for the buyin/rebuys.

I remember that hand as well. You played it just right. I was tempted with my TP, but eventually decided my kicker might get me in trouble if you also had TP (I had TJ or TQ or something like that). With AT you might have seen me push the chips.