Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 02:30 AM

Default Current Bellagio wait/game texture?

Hello,

I'm heading out to Vegas on Saturday. I see that the Five Diamond tournaments will be going on at Bellagio while I'm out there.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long the waits for a $4/8 HE seat are right now? And are the games softer than normal or tougher than normal? I can think of reasons why either would be the case.

If anyone has played $8/16 in the past couple of days, that'd be good info too.

Thanks,
--MCS
Old 12-09-2004, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Current Bellagio wait/game texture?

I thought the lowest game at the bellagio was 8/16?
Old 12-09-2004, 04:44 AM

u thought wrong dude [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 04:56 AM

I have played at the Bellagio on three Vegas trips, probably six or seven different days. I've heard people say that the games there were real tough, but just about every game I played in from 4-8 to 15-30 was juiced up. Two 15-30 games that were probably the tighest I've ever played (I lasted maybe 1/2 hour in each) were the exception.

-Michael
Old 12-09-2004, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played at the Bellagio on three Vegas trips

[/ QUOTE ]Right, I've played in the past, too. I think the question was about the CURRENT wait-list and game, since there's this big honkin' tournament going on.

I'm also going to Vegas in the near future, and was bummed when I saw there was going to be a tournament filling the waitlists with (decent) players who had just busted out of the tourney. Or should I be excited, because there'll be more poker there?
-Sam
Old 12-10-2004, 12:53 AM

I cannot comment on the 8/16 game, but while I was there this last Sunday and Monday, I never waited longer than 30 minutes to get onto a 30/60 LHE table. They were extending the limit games out into the tournament area as the tables were broken down from the tourney.

Nick
Old 12-10-2004, 02:39 PM

4/8 will be the longest wait. sometimes at 2 hours at peak times. HOwever, i have never waited more than 30 or 40 minutes for a 15/30 or 30/60 game.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:26 PM

Okay, let me try to make it clear.

My question is about CURRENT conditions, as in, this week. I've played at Bellagio before. I know what it's like during "normal" times.

This is NOT a normal time. This is during a big tournament. I assume this affects the room in some way, and my question is how.

Again, I am only interested in the tournaments' impact.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is about CURRENT conditions

[/ QUOTE ]Just got back from Vegas. Since MCS, Chief911 and I seem to be the only ones to actually read words on the page and then translate them into ideas in our heads, I thought I'd post post-trip regarding the tourney and how it affects the poker-room right now.

I don't think it made much of a difference. I waited for a seat a bit longer than I did on trips before, but I never ever waited more than an hour. The average wait was probably 30 minutes. One key thing is that, as Chief said, as the tournament empties some of their tables, they convert them to cash games. They have the space and they have the staff, so there are suddenly MORE games going on, not fewer.

I don't think the lower limit games got any harder, either. During the morning and noon, you'll find lots of grumpy old locals, but afternoon and evening, I found plenty of drunk gamblers. I just made a point of changing tables till I found one that would laugh at my jokes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another important point is that I got the impression that the high stakes games ($4/$8 ... thousand) were softer. I only assume this because the high-stakes area became really star-studded. I couldn't think of a poker-player that I wanted to gawk at that didn't come into the room at some point during my trip. So I guess this means that the tourney attracted fish which attracted sharks. I don't mean to imply that you should run out and play the $1k/$2k game, but you should definitely WATCH the $1k/$2k. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck.
-Sam