Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-01-2004, 03:42 AM

Default bottom set, coordinated flop

MP1 has VPIP 21% and PFR 7% after 100 hands or so, BB has VPIP of 14% and pfr of 1% after 225. I was having real trouble putting both of them on hands I beat...maybe a pair+flush/straight draw or 67, I guess. I don't like laying down sets, but this seemed like a reasonable place to consider it. Comments?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (10 handed)

UTG+1 ($50.75)
Hero ($46.35)
MP1 ($56.63)
MP2 ($42.9)
MP3 ($68.1)
CO ($78.25)
Button ($39.05)
SB ($59.2)
BB ($58.95)
UTG ($167.8)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $1, MP1 calls $1, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to $15</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to $30</font>, UTG folds, Hero...?
Old 10-01-2004, 05:44 AM

Default Re: bottom set, coordinated flop

If only one person raised, I'd push.

With a raise and a reraise though, it's either fold or push. I'm sorta crazy with my sets so I'd just grind my teeth and push all in. However if you folded it wouldn't be a bad one.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:01 AM

Yup. I'm happy pushing into one raiser. He could have 67/99/AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]/etc. (Probably less likely to be the last given the stacks and the size of the raise.) The two smallish (1/2-pot) raises just felt like trouble. I might well be happier calling two pushes than these two bets, come to think of it.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:02 AM

I think BB floped a str8. I dont usually fold a set here tho. Deepends on the stack deepness.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:35 AM

Ya, this basically sucks b/c BB is showing an enormous amount of strength to check-re-raise both of you. Added to this fact is that even if BB did flop his str8, youre getting close to the right price to call, assuming you have MP beat (and that he'll call behind you), and try to fill up. Then again, if you're outsetted, its utterly hopeless. I would never fold a set here against 1 opponent, but you're right it is actually close (presuming neither of your opponents are retarded or overly aggressive). I would most likely shove-in and curse the world if I lost, but then again Im on a pretty even keel.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:39 AM

With top set, I'd push.
With bottom set, I'd reluctantly fold.