Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Can opponents see your cards?

Barry Greenstein mentions this as a possibility if you don't have an adequate firewall. Is it really possible for an opponent to get into your computer and see your hands? Has anyone heard of this happening?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Can opponents see your cards?

No.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:11 PM

is it possible, yes. is it probable, no. you should have atleast windows firewall running. a comprimised computer can reveal everything.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:59 PM

I think Many Prima PLayers have developed a software that enables them to see the turn and river before they happen. I lost 3 hands in a SNG yesterday where i was respectively 91%, 82%, & 86% favorites when the chips went in. They must know whats coming.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Many Prima PLayers have developed a software that enables them to see the turn and river before they happen. I lost 3 hands in a SNG yesterday where i was respectively 91%, 82%, & 86% favorites when the chips went in. They must know whats coming.

[/ QUOTE ]
This can't really happen, simply because I really doubt that the software runs the randomization algorithm before the cards are dealt. This would be inefficient because you'd have to calculate for the flop, turn and river even when the action stops before them, and there's really no reason to do so in the first place. Since randomization algorithms depend of former results, system time or whatever is used, they won't know.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:16 PM

Yep, because those 8% chances you'll lose? Those are just there for show. Your hand should actually win all the time.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Some of the cheat at poker sites mention installing a trojan or somthing on the other persons pc so you can see their cards.

How easy or hard etc it is I have no idea, but if you are on the internet you want your pc covered whether playing poker or not imho.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:25 PM

That, of course, assumes that one can install a trojan upon the mark's computer undetected. If they have decent anti-virus, it's easier said than done.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:13 PM

It's actually extremely possible.
There was once a trojan going around the internet that when you had it installed on someone elses computer you could view their computer screen in real-time, stuff like this still exists.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's actually extremely possible.
There was once a trojan going around the internet that when you had it installed on someone elses computer you could view their computer screen in real-time, stuff like this still exists.

[/ QUOTE ]
True - but viewing a specific opponent's cards would imply that you would also need to break into the poker site's system to retrieve the internet addresses of the other players at your table and then somehow get the trojan installed on those user's computers so you could view there screen.

I'm not losing sleep over these "longshot" possibilities.