Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Flopping the 3rd nut flush...

[ QUOTE ]
It wasnt advice. Its an opinion based on my playstyle and expreience. If you figure, there is what... about $20 in the pot - Im not pushing 4x that on a bluff.

I'll be the first to admit though, I am not the most agressive player in the world. I tend to think in terms of money won/lost still.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, anything you post regarding a hand here is pretty much advice. Saying "I'd fold there b/c..." is advice. Advice is "opinion based on...experience", no?

Regardless, I expect a baby flush to push this more than the nut flush. Also, I would expect a push from lots of other hands (sets, 2pair, pair+NFD), and I will gladly call those hands. Come on, saying "he might have a K or Q of spades, and you might lose anyways" is bad. You know that.

-T
Old 10-22-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Flopping the 3rd nut flush...

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, anything you post regarding a hand here is pretty much advice. Saying "I'd fold there b/c..." is advice. Advice is "opinion based on...experience", no?

Regardless, I expect a baby flush to push this more than the nut flush. Also, I would expect a push from lots of other hands (sets, 2pair, pair+NFD), and I will gladly call those hands. Come on, saying "he might have a K or Q of spades, and you might lose anyways" is bad. You know that.

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I dont mind being wrong if someone explains to me why I am. After all, thats why we're here right?

SO now that I think about it, you're right. If I have the nut flush and just got raised, why not call and see what else I can get out of him. A push is as likely to be folded, as not.