Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Running bad, playing LAG

OK, I've been running bad (down 5 buy-ins in 2 days) and I want to make sure I'm not tilting or getting too weak.

I've been at this table an hour. For the first forty minutes the table was tight and no fun. Instead of leaving I decided to have some fun. This hand happened 2 hands before the hand I'm asking about.

Hero is button with $120 (100NL table)
Folded to hero with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero makes it $4. SB ($138) makes it $14.50 (he has done this 3 times when I raised from the button when folded to me. Each time I have folded). BB Folds I call.
Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB best $35, I push, SB folds, I show

I have been playing like this for the last 20 minutes, just having fun, trying to loosen up the table. People have been playing back at me occasionaly and I've usually been folding. This is the second time I pushed back at someone and both times I won and showed.

2 hands later.
I am UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I make it $4. Folded to BB ($120, I cover) who has a screen name that OBVIOUSLY makes him 2p2 (involves Enjoy! and Mr. Dikshit), although I don't know who he is. He makes it $11. He has played back at me a couple times and I have folded. I call with position.

Flop 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets $22. I [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]