Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 03:32 AM

Default 99 trips on a monotone flop

Pacific $5/$10 10 handed, I've been playing the table for a while. I'm like 30/15 over 60 hands, so they might see me as a bit laggy.

MP3 is 50/14/.5/43 over around 80 hands
SB is like 60/20/.8/38 at this point but only over around 20 hands, and he hasn't coldcalled yet.
BB is 40/6/1.26/35 over a few hundred hands, but most of those were from $3/$6 if that means anything. He knows I'm a TAG

Hero Dealt black 9's 2 off the button.

PREFLOP:
folded to MP3 who raises, hero 3-bets, SB calls, BB calls

I didn't expect the coldcalls. O well.

FLOP: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 people 12 SB)
checked to Hero who bets, everyone calls

TURN: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 people 8 BB)
BB bets, MP3 fold, hero raises?, SB calls, BB calls

RIVER: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 people 17 BB)
BB bets

Anyone play it differently? I think BB donks a lot of hands i beat, and I have lots of outs. I might even fold a small heart in the SB.

Call on the river, fold for one more if its raised?
Old 12-10-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Re: 99 trips on a monotone flop

in all honesty im not raising this turn, you have a lot of outs but their are two people too act behind you who are not going to fold a heart, it sucks but im calling this down after the flop, tho i like your flop bet. and yes if i call on the river and its raised i will probably muck it, two many draws came through and its just like BB to wait to the turn to bet a flush
Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 AM

dude you have to raise this river. its obvious villain has a made hand and doesnt want to give you a free card for the flush draw. Dont fold the river ever, call the 3 bet bet or cap if you are feeling lucky. I dont like your pf play. 3 betting 99 is a donkey play. Any hand like QT has 6 outs against you so I dont think its 3 bet worthy. Also, why wouldnt you wait until you know another heart wont come on the turn to bet the flop.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:21 AM

one folded before i acted, the other one is loose and might be playing a very small heart
Old 12-10-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude you have to raise this river. its obvious villain has a made hand and doesnt want to give you a free card for the flush draw. Dont fold the river ever, call the 3 bet bet or cap if you are feeling lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure i'm ahead enough to raise, especially becasue I can go for the overcall.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like your pf play. 3 betting 99 is a donkey play. Any hand like QT has 6 outs against you so I dont think its 3 bet worthy. Also, why wouldnt you wait until you know another heart wont come on the turn to bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q10 has 6 outs but doesn't know it has 6 outs. It will fold a lot of flops it doesn't hit fearing domination. 99 also wins against overcards over half the time.

I bet the flop becasue a) I often have the best hand b) it might fold a small heart c) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] might raise and knock people out d)2-pair might raise and knock people out and d) there are a lot of gutshots that will fold for one bet w/o the heart draw.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude you have to raise this river. its obvious villain has a made hand and doesnt want to give you a free card for the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm just as apt to put him on an 8 for the turned straight, and still not sure if Hero has a flush or not. I think this is a river call, and hope that SB overcalls with a worse hand.

EDIT: Oh, and 3-betting 99 vs. an openraise from MP3 should be a standard move in your arsenal. It doesn't matter that MP3 has overcards to your pair most of the time--the point is to prevent the players behind you, some of whom might have other overcards, from entering the pot. And it's also nice if MP3 cooperatively check/folds the flop when his overcards miss.

Never, ever ever, coldcall second in from LP with a pocket pair. If you're gonna see the flop, make it 3.