Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2004, 10:27 PM

Default Poker Tracker

Just wondering if anyone who uses this can give me a quick rundown of how to most effectively use the information it gives you to improve your game. What stats should I look at and what are some target numbers, any success stories of identifying leaks in your game would helpful as well.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker

I'd search for past posts. There is some real good info out there.

First, put a lot of hands in it before trying to draw too many conclusions. At least 5,000 before you trust many of the numbers. Some important numbers will take a lot more hands than that before the data makes much useable sense. A lot less if you are just focusing on starting hands (saw flop %).

I find the area I use the most is in the Game Notes section. I review my hands played all the time and try to figure out why I did what I did. You can also use this part to get your hand info and use a hand converter like Bison's (the link I have is down, but you can also search for Bison's hand converter to find the link) to post your hands on this forum and get feedback.

It's a great tool.

Mike