Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: 52s Against JBB -- Cleaning Up Outs

[ QUOTE ]
she has gotten into it with Evan and Brad (bdk3clash) ...who are two of the nicest people i know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan? really? he seemed facetious & arrogant at some 2+2 tables i've played w/ him... Though, i will say that his posts are quite articulate & mostly seem well-meaning.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she has gotten into it with Evan and Brad (bdk3clash) ...who are two of the nicest people i know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan? really? he seemed facetious & arrogant at some 2+2 tables i've played w/ him... Though, i will say that his posts are quite articulate & mostly seem well-meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan is probably the nicest 2+2 poster I know. Also, I seriously doubt he comes off as more arrogant at 2+2 tables than I do.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:01 PM

I have to vouch for sthief on this one.

GreyW, I am coming at this from the relatively objective perpesctive of an occasional player on the "NY poker scene." Having played with this woman now twice this week, in two different rooms (and a few times in the past), I have to agree with sthief's sentiments (except for the "old" part - I'd guess she's no more than 35).

In my admittedly limited experience (amounting to about 6 hours of table time), this woman's demeanor and interaction with other players rubs me the wrong way. She occasionally offers a friendly word or two, but it ususally seems disingenious, if not sarcastic. And the frequent passive-aggressive comments during and after hands become obnoxious fairly quickly.

I know all players occasionally mutter about a loose call or bad beat, but it seems that she either has a glare or subtly snide comment after almost every hand. And while I don't begrudge anyone the right to be talkative at the table (and often enjoy a little table talk), her contributions tend to come off as arrogant and a bit mean-spirited.

Again, this may be a misperception based on insufficient experience (and I'm certainly open to being proven wrong), but aside from the slightly antagonistic tone of sthief's complaints, I think they're spot on.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pssst. EvanMidget isn't actually Evan.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan is probably the nicest 2+2 poster I know. Also, I seriously doubt he comes off as more arrogant at 2+2 tables than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll say this:
1. we've only played on the same table maybe a handful of times.
2. i don't know him at all personally.
3. it may have just been misconstrued good-natured ribbing. And, given that everyone on the table was 2+2, maybe the default assumption was to take everything in jest.

If that's the case, then I definitely took too much umbrage with the "shyeah. great flop cold-call there, genius" and "f'in stupid"-type running commentary...
Old 05-13-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I wouldn't be your barometer anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pronounced ther-ma-muh-ter .
Old 05-13-2005, 01:55 PM

You were not there, and frankly you have no idea what you are talking about.

There is NO WAY, this "incident" will impact Sattelite's ability to spread whatever game they want. If the pink game suffers at all in the short run, it will be because people were put off by NJChick's behavior which was unbecoming of a 2+2er. Berating/holding grudges/slow rolling, commenting on other people's hands/play--these are not things that contribute to a pleasant playing atmosphere.

Josh was mean in his comments here, and for that he has apologized (I think). MaxPower is a very nice guy and has done nothing to deserve any ciritcism as far as I can tell, so why you bring him up, I have no idea. I think NJChick should also apologize, or at the very least, realize that some of the things she does at the table are not appreciated and maybe cease doing them.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pronounced ther-ma-muh-ter .

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play, brilliant, in my opinion.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:02 PM

By the way JBB, for some reason I was surprised to learn that you are not black. Something about the name and the avatars, I guess.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:32 PM

POTD